1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hartford Courant and local Fox station to combine news operations

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Beaker, Mar 31, 2009.

1. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

My thoughts exactly.

2. BYH

BYH Active Member

I am running out of things to read and watch when I go to Connecticut.

Won't read the Courant...like to avoid JRC papers for the obvious reasons...won't watch WFSB-3 b/c Al Terzi is so slick he gives me the willies (though Denise D'Asenczo looks the exact same as she did in 1989, freaky)...now I can't watch WTIC-61.

I guess I'll have to watch WVIT-30 and Gerry Brooks' hideous combover. (Does anyone else remember when he had a sense of humor on The Brooks Files? Good times)

3. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

God, Terzi is horrible.

4. Ben There

Ben There Guest

He once did a piece where he ran through a field to the theme from "The Sound of Music." They used the traffic helicopter to tape it, and it might have been the funniest local news thing I have ever seen.

5. fishwrapper

fishwrapper Active Member

Even this argument is broken. I find great stories and opinion in the NY Times and WashPost and other papers every day. They're hemorrhaging, too.
    You can have 2 million subscribers and it wouldn't matter. No ads=no money=no reporters and eventually no paper.

6. Fran Curci

Fran Curci Well-Known Member

Will WGN-TV executives soon run the Chicago Tribune? Maybe Hawk Harrelson (is he WGN?) could take over as sports editor.

Draft saved Draft deleted