1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Harry Potter: Who bites it?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Idaho, Jul 20, 2007.

?

In addition to Voldemort, which other 'main' character dies?

Poll closed Jul 21, 2007.
  1. Harry

19.0%
  2. Snape

23.8%
  3. Ron

23.8%
  4. Hermione

19.0%
  5. Ginny

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Draco

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Hagrid

14.3%
  8. Nevill

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

What the heck, one more Harry Potter thread -- this time with a poll!

JK Rowling has said two main characters die in this book. Assuming one is Voldemort, who else is a dead man/woman?

2. Bob Slydell

Bob Slydell Active Member

Ron bites it I've been told.

3. crusoes

crusoes Active Member

I read Hermione. With a candlestick. In the library.

4. mannheimadler

mannheimadler Member

I definitely would guess Hagrid. His death would spark enough emotion without hurting the story. He has become almost a peripheral character in the final two or three books.

5. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

I think there will be more than one on that list, honestly.

I think either Ron or Ginny dies, leaving Harry eternally wounded, and I think Hagrid dies early in the final battle if not before it.

6. mannheimadler

mannheimadler Member

Wormtail will die, as well.

I am not in the "Harry dies" camp, though.

7. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

Voldemort and Harry will both live so in a few years JK Rowland can change her mind and write another Potter book.

8. pressboxer

pressboxer Active Member

Which leads to the question: Which bad guys who deserve to snuff it wind up getting away? One or more of the Malfoys, Bellatrix, etc.

9. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Ron dies a hero...perhaps saving Harry and/or Hermione and/or the entire universe.

No way Harry dies.

(Envisioning Kathy Bates and James Caan in 'Misery'...Rowling tied to the bed with broken arms and legs....a devastated and insane fan beating her with a plastic wand, demanding she brings Harry back to life.......)

10. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

Lucious Malfoy dies, IMO. Bellatrix dies, too, in vain -- perhaps at the hands of old Voldy himself. Draco does some 'good' act that helps turn the tide in the battle, though, and dies as a result or becomes the Snape of the future.

Rowling keeps the cash cow milking by doing prequels to tell the story of Voldemort, James, Lilly and the younger Dumbledore. Expect books in 10 years.

11. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Harry dies. In a very anti-climatic, autoerotic asphyxiation accident. He isn't found for days, because he had the invisibility cloak on, and was in the girls bathroom. Ron freaks, blames himself for showing Harry that trick, and commits suicide by lighting a match behind a flatuent Hagrid.

12. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Hagrid, Lucious, Bellatrix, Tonks, Lupin, at least one Weasley, Luna Lovegood and Snape after he redeems himself somehow.

Draft saved Draft deleted