1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Harry Potter Premiere

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Diabeetus, Jul 9, 2007.

1. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Yeah, Kreacher isn't extremely important to the story (other than being part of the plot to get HP and his crew to the final fight), but I was just entertained by the muttering he did. Wanted to see that on screen.

2. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

I think Kreacher does something big in "Deathly Hallows." Check out the British version of the book cover: http://ec2.images-amazon.com/images/P/0747591059.01._SS500_SCLZZZZZZZ_V44441615_.jpg
    It's not the best shot of it (look more if you want a better version) but you can see a little elf arm brandishing what looks to be Gryffindor's sword.

3. SoCalDude

SoCalDude Active Member

Haven't seen 5 yet. My daughter will go tomorrow. All of us probably on this weekend or next. I thought 4-movie was the best, but, as was mentioned earlier, the Quidditch World Cup was short shrifted. I turned to my wife and said, "They just covered the first 5 chapters in about 2 minutes." I wanted to see Viktor's great maneuver.
    I don't remember a heckuva lot about 5-book, but I think I remember there being a lot of "mental" things happening, which is very difficult to explain in print. It was my least favorite and because of that, I was not overly eager for 5-movie to come out.
    But it has been a great thing for casual conversation between me and my now-15-year-old, who is thrilled that Gryffendor's colors are the same as USC's.

4. Killick

I saw it last night, was entertained. Yes, they left alot out. Had to, I guess. Only disappointment is they didn't spend enough time with Harry in Snape's pensieve. That was the thing I was really looking forward to, and it got flashes and about 15 seconds. Wanted to see young Sirius, young Lupin, young Lilly. Didn't. Rats.

Still, it was pretty good. Not great. But good.

5. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

I saw it last night. I was disappointed about their decision to make Cho the snitch, really disappointed. It was enjoyable, and the casting of Delores Umbridge was right on, but I really wish they could have gotten the hospital and the scene with Neville's parents and Gilderoy Lockhart in.

6. Killick

Yeah, they ditched that, too. Shit.

Here's another thing that struck me -- okay, so Umbridge blasted a big-ass hole into the Room of Requirement. So, presumably, destroying the "stealth" nature of the room. So, how does Draco pull off his feat (nod to 7/11/07 thread) in the next flick without the Room?

7. sportschick

Someone repairs the room over the summer?

8. lisa_simpson

lisa_simpson Active Member

I would assume that's Dobby, not Kreacher, cuz Kreacher wouldn't willingly help any of those three.

As for the RofR, why wouldn't it repair itself?

9. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Saw it last night, haven't read any of the books so I don't know what I'm missing.

Thoroughly enjoyed it. The effects are amazing, but they don't overshadow how good Radcliffe is as Harry.

And of course, Gary Oldman is one of my favorite actors, so seeing him as Sirius Black was wonderful.

10. sportschick

Helena Bonham Carter was perfect for Bellatrix. Gary is wonderful. I thought the casting was great for Azkaban, and I still think he's great.

11. Killick

How about the girl playing Luna? Thought she was great, too.

12. sportschick

She was. They've done a really great job with casting in these movies. Even the background kids such as Seamus are pretty good (for child actors).

Draft saved Draft deleted