1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Harry Potter Premiere

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Diabeetus, Jul 9, 2007.

1. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

Also, what do people who have seen it think of the Luna quote from the very end?

2. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

"My cat's breath smells like cat food." Right?

3. Marvin

Marvin Active Member

The locket is not in the movie.

4. audreyld

audreyld Guest

Clearly I'm going to have to avoid this thread for a few days until I see the flick, lest more spoilers come.

5. Killick

****! Still, I might be right, but was hoping for a little confirmation there.
    So, Marvin -- is Tonks cool? I remember her from "About a Boy," was happy when she was cast. Or is she, as I fear (or 'feat' for readers of other threads), underused?

6. Marvin

Marvin Active Member

Unfortunately, she's underused. They kind of rushed through that part.

Also, they skipped Ron becoming prefect and Weasley is our King -- all that.

7. finishthehat

finishthehat Active Member

You know, I really like the Harry Potter books, I sorta like the movies, but I could not tell you the plot of any individual one of them right now if you held a gun to my head.

It's entertaining stuff, but it slips right out of my head as soon as it's done. On the other hand, I'll always be grateful for the experience of trading the books back and forth with my kid as we both read them at the same time, speculating about plot developments and potential endings.

8. Killick

Tell me, at least, they didn't remove Kreacher? Did they?

9. lisa_simpson

lisa_simpson Active Member

They tried, but apparently JKR told them they'd be in a very tight spot for further movies if they did, so he made it in. No Dobby though.

10. Marvin

Marvin Active Member

Kreacher makes a couple of brief appearances. Also, no screaming portrait of Sirius' mom.

FYI, is saying something isn't in the movie a spoiler?

11. Killick

Well, Marvin, if they knew what you were talking about then they must have taken more than ordinary measures to read my small spoiler type. So, they opened the door already. I wouldn't worry about it.

12. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Jeebus H. Christ, how are they gonna get every friggin' scene in the book in the damn movie?

Took the kids. Thought it was a great job of getting the dark mood of the book right.

Draft saved Draft deleted