1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Harry Potter, Deathly Hallows (spoilers allowed)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Double Down, Jul 19, 2007.

1. Re: Harry Potter, Deathly Hollows (spoilers allowed)

She seems to have quite track record at seeing past the surface evil to the good buried beneath.
    (Ducking)

2. HeinekenMan

HeinekenMan Active Member

Re: Harry Potter, Deathly Hollows (spoilers allowed)

My wife has now read it twice.

3. Re: Harry Potter, Deathly Hollows (spoilers allowed)

Wow, now that is dedication ... I've read it once and will wait a few weeks before going at it again.

4. HeinekenMan

HeinekenMan Active Member

Actually, I was somewhat in shock, too. I asked her late Saturday morning how far along she was, and she said she had finished it. Then she said that she had read some of it before she came home from the store. I said the only time she had to read it before she came home and went to bed would have been while leaving the store. I thought, surely she didn't read it while leaving the store. But that's just what she did. And she says she was one of many.

5. Cadet

Cadet Guest

There was a lot more death and torture than I expected.

You knew Lupin/Tonks were gone as soon as they named Harry godfather.

And I wish Neville would have gotten to take down Bellatrix, but I'm glad he got to come into his own as a hero.

Still processing...

6. shockey

shockey Active Member

mrs. shockey read it yesterday and then breezed through some parts to get a clearer understanding today. my middle son was away for the weekend but will devour it when he gets home tonight. he's into it and is a viracious reader. :D :D :D

i've not read a single page of the series. the eldest shockey boy can take it or leave it. ditto the third. different strokes, i suppose.

7. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

What a great read. I'm still taking everything in and processing it. Sleeping more first will be a priority, but I can't wait to start really analyzing things in it.

8. Re: Harry Potter, Deathly Hollows (spoilers allowed)

So, what does everyone think about Harry as a Horcrux? I know someone on here saw that coming and I definitely didn't think it could happen ...

9. Cadet

Cadet Guest

I had thought Harry as a Horcrux was a possibility after the last book. It seemed too easy, too uncomplicated otherwise.

The more that I think about it, I'm a little let down by the "19 years later" part. So we know Ginny and Harry get together and Ron and Hermione get together. Big surprise. And they have kids. And the kids go to Hogwarts. But what happened in between? We know Neville teaches at Hogwarts, but what about the other four? Is Harry an auror when no real threat exists? Is there any threat of evil, or do they live in a utopia? Where do they live? How was Voldemort's body disposed of? What happened to the Death Eaters who didn't turn?

Sorry. I guess I'm a journalist. ::)

10. Re: Harry Potter, Deathly Hollows (spoilers allowed)

She left it open ended for us to fill in ... or for her to come back in 10 years and write another one.

11. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

I just wish that part wasn't included. Leave it open for imaginations.

12. Cadet

Cadet Guest

From tonight's Woot description:

Draft saved Draft deleted