1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Harry Potter, Book VII (please refrain from spoilers)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Double Down, Jul 11, 2007.

1. Re: Harry Potter, Book VII (predictions, reviews, rants and raves)

I think Draco's fate has a lot to do with what happens to his father. If Voldemort kills Lucius then bam, Draco's a good guy. If Harry kills Lucius, then I can see Draco killing a good guy and following dad.

Either way, Draco's in a rough spot because Voldy wants him dead.

2. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

Re: Harry Potter, Book VII (predictions, reviews, rants and raves)

I've gotta read 6 again this weekend.

How many Horcruxes are still out there? And what if the scar, being a horcrux, actually disappears when it's destroyed? Too weird an idea?

I don't think Draco turns 'good', I just think he turns against V or somehow plays a big role in his undoing -- afterall, Dumbledore and Snape were working awfully hard to protect him, too.

3. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

All the character development just wouldn't make sense, that's why.

...And I'm secretly afraid sometimes that you might be right.

4. Re: Harry Potter, Book VII (predictions, reviews, rants and raves)

But without his character development, he couldn't become a good enough wizard/person to kill Voldemort. I am sure Harry will play a major part in killing Voldemort, perhaps even doing it alone with virtually no help (though, like always, he'll have plenty of help to get there). But I just think he probably will have to be willing to die in the process.
    To me, that makes perfect sense. Of course, Rowling's mind obviously works quite differently than mine, or I'd be a billionaire and have a thread discussing one of my upcoming books on this site.

5. Re: Harry Potter, Book VII (predictions, reviews, rants and raves)

Another thing I've been thinking of with the horcruxes is, if indeed Harry is one, does that count as an extra one?
    I haven't read HBP in about a year, but it's seven Voldemort made, right?
    Perhaps they take care of them all and then find out Harry is the eighth one and that is why he has to die -- he, as a horcrux, has to be destroyed to kill Voldemort.

6. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

You're correct about there being 7 of them. I just don't think they can be accidentally made. Just my guessing, though.

Regardless, Harry and Voldy battle at some point (check out the U.S. cover) in what looks to me like the arched way behind the veil in the Dept. of Mysteries. Who knows what'll happen, though. I wish the release date would be here so I could stop speculating ;)

7. Re: Harry Potter, Book VII (predictions, reviews, rants and raves)

I wonder if Harry Potter listens to Journey.

8. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

I just want a heads up on what happens so I can run out to Barnes and Noble on opening night and scream spoilers into a megaphone.

9. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

Nobody knows. There's a fuckton of security around these books. She won't even tell her children.

10. lisa_simpson

lisa_simpson Active Member

Five, three of which have been all but confirmed: Helga Hufflepuff's cup (whereabouts unknown); Slytherin's locket (best guess: currently in Mundungus Fletcher's possession) and Nagini the snake. I'm not buying the Harry-is-a-Horcrux theory, because this is extremely complicated magic and it seems really unlikely (not to mention terribly lame) for it to have happened accidentally.

Also, Dumbledore is really truly dead. <a href=http://www.mugglenet.com/app/news/show/248>JKR said so herself</a>.

11. BYH

BYH Active Member

You sonofabitch, you beat me to it!!

12. JRoyal

JRoyal Well-Known Member

My thoughts:

1) Harry's not a horcrux. His scar is. In the final battle with Voldemort, the scar will be destroyed, and Harry will kill Voldemort. But Harry will live. He'll then go on to marry Ginny Weasley and have lots of kinky wizard sex.

2) Dumbledore is dead. And he'll be back. His symbol is a phoenix. They die, then they come back. So will Dumbledore in some way. I can't see this one not happening. Rowling practically beat us over the head with the phoenix thing. I'll be surprised if she was that blatant and it doesn't come to pass.

3) Sirius will show up in some way. Notice there was no body when he died. He simply ended up on the wrong side of the mirror. (It was a mirror, right?) This is more of a hunch than anything else, and it's the one I feel least confident about.

4) Draco is a werewolf. As such, he'll kill Neville while in wolf form. Voldemort will kill his dad. Draco will then betray Voldemort somehow, helping Harry and his friends. Draco will then be killed.

5) Hagrid will die. I hadn't thought about it before, but hearing it on this thread just sounds right. Killing Hagrid would strike at Harry, Ron and Hermione as revenge for losing Horcruxes.

6) Snape is not evil. He will die or be severely injured trying to save Harry toward the end of the book. He will also lead the attack on Hogwarts that leads to Hagrid's death.

7) Others who will die, in order of the ones I think are most likely to bite it:
    - the Weasley mom or dad one or the Weasley brother who trains dragons.
    - Hagrid's brother
    - Tonks
    - Lupin
    - Mad-Eye Moody
    - Hermione's parents

8) Something big will happen with Petunia and the rest of Harry's family. Not sure what, but probably someone dieing too. This book'll be a blood bath.

Draft saved Draft deleted