1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Harry Potter, Book VII (please refrain from spoilers)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Double Down, Jul 11, 2007.

1. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Re: Harry Potter, Book VII (predictions, reviews, rants and raves)

Harry wakes up in bed with Suzanne Pleshette

2. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

I can buy this one.

I take my dead pick back. Hagrid bites it.

3. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

I think either Harry dies, or he leaves the wizarding world after killing Voldemort. Character isn't comfortable with the attention he gets now. Imagine what it will be if he kills Volde and lives. That just seems awkward. OTO, he kills Volde and then dies of his wounds, he get people sniffling over his grave and a reunion with Mom and Dad Potter.

Or, McGonagal wakes up, walks into the bathroom and pulls the shower curtain to reveal...
    Serius Black.

It was all a dream.

4. Re: Harry Potter, Book VII (predictions, reviews, rants and raves)

I still think someone's going to die after Gwarp sits on them.

5. Killick

Hilarious. A wizarding world enema. "Harry Potter and the Cavern of Poo."

6. devils_claw

devils_claw Member

Am I the only one who thinks Snape is a bad guy?

7. Re: Harry Potter, Book VII (predictions, reviews, rants and raves)

Yes, unless you got a compelling reason to believe that ...

8. devils_claw

devils_claw Member

Rowling has been doing the make-you-think-he's-bad-only-to-turn-out-good thing too many times. I think everyone is expecting him to be good in the end because he always was.
    I think that'll be one of the loops she throws us for.

Just my $ .02. I also think Dumbledore is definitely dead, Harry will live and the noseless wonder will not. Interesting to think about Neville doing the offing, though.

9. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

At this point, I think everyone expects Snape to really, deep down, be good, so it would be the ultimate double cross to make him turn out to be a bad guy after all, but he's obviously Rowling's favorite character (other than Hermione). Would she really have the guts to make him rotten to the core?

The reason I don't see it is because Dumbledore told Harry to trust Snape, and all throughout the series, Harry has always been ok as long as he listened to Dumbledore. It's when he ignored him that he got in all kinds of trouble. Dumbledore knew he had to die for Harry to live and kill Voldemort on his own, and that's why I think he made, and begged, Snape to do it. Because the prophecy wouldn't let Harry kill Voldemort as long as Dumbledore was alive.

But it would be an interesting non-twist twist if Snape really was a bad dude.

10. Killick

Here's my problem with Snape's supposed remorse at being part of the Potter parents' death: Shouldn't he have been a little more sympathetic to Harry. "Hey kid, sorry I helped kill your Mom and Dad." Instead, it was instant and constant loathing of Harry. Just seems dissonant with Snape being a good guy.

Still, I can't help but think that's the way he must turn out. Honestly, I guess I just don't know how that's going to turn out and one of the reasons I'm looking forward to next weekend.

11. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Chris_L was the guy to originally float this theory about Snape, but to me it makes the most sense: He hates Harry because he's always been in love with Harry's mom, Lily, but he also loves Harry because he's always been in love with Lily. He's conflicted, like any good bad guy should be.

12. devils_claw

devils_claw Member

I think so....and I really hope this is how it plays out.

Draft saved Draft deleted