1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Harry Potter 7, Part 1

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Pilot, Nov 19, 2010.

1. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

Yeah, I figured that would be best - don't have that much leisure time usually, but I'll give it a shot.

2. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

I was fond of the first three moves of the series. Since? Not so much. It's a personal taste issue,
    and I think no less of people who happen to like it. But 2 1/2 hours (and 914 trailers) to see this
    one? Believe me, I was coerced -- and the folks who did, owe me.

3. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

Yeah, you're clearly looking for something very different. I can't believe you liked the first two. They were long and atrocious. The third was pretty good. This one and the third one, to this point, are the only two that I'd really have any interest in re-watching.

While the series, both the books and the movies, start out childlike and not very serious, that doesn't laugh very long. This movie isn't for young children or those looking for a lighter movie.

4. ADodgen

ADodgen Member

I did the opposite... saw Rhys Ifans' name in the credits and couldn't for the life of me figure out who he'd played, so I had to look it up when I got home.

Draft saved Draft deleted