1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Harry Potter 6 pushed back to Summer '09

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by schiezainc, Aug 14, 2008.

1. StaggerLee

StaggerLee Well-Known Member

That sucks. I saw the trailer a few weeks back and was pretty excited about the new film.

I'm with you Wenders, I wonder what that'll do to Deathly Hallows now. My guess is they milk this for what it's got left and release Half-Blood Prince in 2009, the first part of Deathly Hallows in early 2010 and the last part in Fall 2010 or early 2011.

2. BYH

BYH Active Member

There has to be something wrong with the film to push it back. Nobody in Hollywood pushes back a guaranteed blockbuster for the hell of it.

3. budcrew08

budcrew08 Active Member

WFW.

4. I Digress

I Digress Guest

I think the problem is/was the writers strike. I think they looked up and realized there are no movies for next summer because none got written. So they're trying to stretch out what they have. The lure of summer dollars no doubt affected the decision to push this particular movie back. And yeah, it does suck.

5. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

At this rate, Hermione's gonna be going through menopause by the time the last movie creaks into the cineplex.

6. Started a similar thread earlier this am. This sucks that it's being pushed back just because the summer is better for movie ticket sales.

7. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

With the exception of Titantic, which broke every rule, almost all of the highest grossing films are Summer releases. Then they can put the DVD out by Christmas and make even more of a mint.

Seems like smart business to me.

8. I know that, though the three LOTR movies were all winter and they did OK for themselves.
    HP had carved out a niche as the big winter blockbuster that didn't have to go against summer movies (most of the time). Apparently they want to change that.
    That's fine. I just think a lot of fans (myself included) will be pissed at having to wait an extra eight months.
    It may not make any difference. I'll still go see it in the theatre.

9. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

What do you got against virgins, you bastard?

:D

10. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Get a freaking life. Harry Potter fans are the Star Trekies of this generation. Most of us left the kiddie books behind at the age of 12.

11. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

Yeah people!!! GET A LIFE!!!!

Because obviously if you like something that he doesn't....you're a loser!!!

::)

12. 1) You don't like anything that's "childish?" Wizard of Oz? Star Wars? Lord of the Rings? Any Disney movie ever made? Nothing?
    2) If you had read the HP books, you'd know 12 is actually pretty young for at least the final four.

Draft saved Draft deleted