1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Harrison Ford

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Evil Bastard (aka Chris_L), Jul 13, 2006.

1. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

Nope. Him and Denzel are big stars who basically play themselves in a variety of situations.

2. I saw Mosquito Coast a long time ago, when I was a kid, and didn't like it because the great heroic actor was playing against type. Looking back if I saw it again I'd probably put it on the list. It's easy to see why Ford considers it his favorite role.

And agreed that Ford and Denzel play the same character in a lot of their movies. But dammit, it's a good character and I enjoy watching it nearly every time.

3. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

And DeNiro.

4. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Are you fucking kidding me?

5. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

Not in the least ... very much in the same sense as Denzel and Ford.

6. Best scene is when he beats up that John Cougar look-a-like who thought he was dealing with a pacifist Amish guy. I can't turn from that movie if I know that scene is coming up.

7. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

1. Witness.
    2. The Fugitive.
    3-5. The three Indiana Jones movies.

8. DyePack

DyePack New Member

None of that made any sense. Each of us is the dumber for having read it.

9. DyePack

DyePack New Member

Also, The Fugitive sucked.

10. BYH

BYH Active Member

...is not dead.

11. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

"Book.... It is not our way...."

"It's my way."

Also in the scene, Viggo Mortensen in his first movie and Alexander Godunov, who had been involved in a very contentious defection five years earlier and also played Karl in Die Hard. Godunov, possibly the second most famous ballet ever, died in 1995, some think from hypodermic-transmitted AIDS.

12. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

Since you can't read, I won't feel guilty.

And, you couldn't be any dumber.

Draft saved Draft deleted