1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Harper's Island

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by 2muchcoffeeman, Apr 9, 2009.

1. jps

jps Active Member

I suppose ... but looked kind of like ben's head was just kind of floating there after, bumped up against the bottom of the prop. and I thought there wasn't a knot on the rope, but that it was cut. I dunno.

maybe we start a thread of 'who did it.' you get maybe two strikes - your first pick gets knocked off, you get one more. they get offed, you're out.

2. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

That would be awesome! A reverse dead pool..

3. jps

jps Active Member

done.

4. jps

jps Active Member

can your guy be the guy, ijag, if he was already on the island? how did he get the guy under the boat and then motor back in before it got there?

cal to me seems the obvious choice now, but obvious might be the wrong way to go - would seem a little lame to give you so many clues toward one guy in the very first episode.

5. It isn't the little girl, or they have gone completely obvious from the get-go.

6. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Does the british guy have a boner problem? Is that what they were implying in the first episode?

My wife tivo'd it for the whole family to watch. Some nice, wholesome family fare. I don't know what planet my wife inhabits - she said at the opening, "What does TV 14 D-L-S-V mean?"

I'm up for a good mystery, but this one had too much of a General Hospital feel for me. The murders were good, but I think I checked out of Harper's Island a couple minutes after Hamlin got checked out.

7. BYH

BYH Active Member

Just saw last week's on TIVO...I'm not so sure this show's gonna work. They've got a cast of thousands and they're knocking people off every 15 minutes, making it just about impossible to keep track of who's alive, who's dead, who's a suspect and who's not.

I'll keep watching, b/c there's nothing else good on, but it's trying to be too many things at once (Lost meets Scream meets Blair Witch meets Friday the 13th meets April Fools Day) and not really succeeding, at least yet.

Edit: I realize I wrote most of this 10 days ago. Gimme an F, gimme an A, gimme an I, gimme an L!!!

8. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Yeah, I like it, but it's because I'm very distantly watching it. I couldn't even tell you the main girl's name. Too many people mean I'm not invested in any of them, even to the point of remembering names.

Draft saved Draft deleted