1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

harper's island: who's doin it? (updated)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by jps, Apr 12, 2009.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Hell, caught it tonight and was somewhat disappointed that the "original" killer is still alive and apparently responsible for at least most of the killings. Kind of a drag. Thought it was the groom for sure, but he's been pretty much eliminated as a "suspect" due to laws of time and space. I still can't tell half the cast apart from each other. Thankfully it's down to the final three eps.

2. Yeah, I think Wakefield (the original killer) still being alive is lame. The sheriff never told anyone that the mass murderer was never found after he shot him? That's reasonable.
    They hinted that next week they are going to act like the fisherman guy may be in on it too. There better be someone else involved at least, or the whole "mystery" aspect of this is not even a fair mystery.

3. txsportsscribe

txsportsscribe Active Member

this show is still on? and people are still watching?

why?

4. Why not? Nothing better on Saturday night.
    It's decent and still has some good-looking chicks.

5. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

This show is so not good. I'm watching (and only as background when I'm doing at least one other thing) at this point to see how it ends ... even though I DON'T CARE. They could end it with, "And so it was aliens all along," and I would say "whatever" and move along to the next thing without a second thought.

6. DanOregon

I agree - half the fun was trying to figure out which member of the cast was in a position to be the killer and why. Now that the original killer is alive, and its pretty clear he wasn't framed the first time around, it's just blah.

7. DanOregon

Shit - this last hour really sucks. Sad that I had this thing pegged from the jump.

8. bagelchick

bagelchick Active Member

Re: harper's island: who's doin it? (updated) & spoilers!

I thought the two hour finale was good and at least wrapped it up. I knew it was Henry for a while, although I never saw that he and Abby were half-siblings. Abby should've just sent her regrets and a gift and be done with it.

9. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

The end of the penultimate hour -- when Henry kills his bride and says "Hi, dad" -- was the closest thing to a dramatic moment they ever managed to produce. I hope every writer associated with that show has their WGA cards revoked.

10. DanOregon

The sound editor earned his dough though.

11. DisembodiedOwlHead

DisembodiedOwlHead Active Member

Truly horrible ending - with incest overtones for added zest.

12. The ending was bad, yes, but so was the whole show. It's really pretty amazing it was as bad as it was -- and yet I still watched every episode.

Draft saved Draft deleted