1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

harper's island: who's doin it? (updated)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by jps, Apr 12, 2009.

1. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Copycat! :D

2. jps

jps Active Member

anyone else still watching? I feel committed now, I guess, and it's passable tv. not as good as I'd hoped, but good enough to watch.

we know now it's not hunter. and unless he's got a severe split personality going on, it's not the sheriff.

said last week I'd switched up, but never listed who I'd gone to ... I'm thinking henry now.

3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Apparently the ratings are sinking, but it's interesting enough. Don't understand the intricacy involved of killing the former boyfriend of the bride, why not just put a bomb on the boat? Figure you can rule out the Sheriff, since he's apparently targeted. Might also be able to rule out the townie who ran the creepo brother in law over. Guess they still haven't realized the minister was whacked or one of the chicks was burned to death. Man, these folks don't seem to mind when friends go missing.

4. Anybody catch that it moved to Saturday? Fortunately, my DVR did. I'm guessing that was due to low ratings.
    I've got it playing right now. I might add some observations afterward.

5. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I don't think my Tivo got it. Must have been on at the same time as some really awesome reality TV I was recording. :D

6. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

I gave up on it. Too much soap-opera and moves way too slow.

It's just dead to me.

7. I'm sure it's online if anyone missed it and wants to see.
    This show is OK. I'll probably finish it out just because.
    At least there is some eye candy.

8. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

The Saturday move is definitely a death blow, CBS can't kill it without burning off all the episodes, can they? Not with the whole thing being a murder mystery. I'm with Demo -- it's decent enough to finish watching, and the eye candy doesn't hurt.

How many more people can get killed before people notice? They're going to have to get into the central characters at some point.

Now, if someone could just explain to me how sinking that boat would dispose of the body -- which was just laying on the open deck, and would have bobbed right back up -- that would help me out a lot.

9. jps

jps Active Member

I'm watching now just because I've committed myself to finishing it out. but this could have been much, much better.

10. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

We're still watching it at my house, but we're wondering why.
    This show stinks.

11. jps

jps Active Member

so is the nerd in the woods actually dead? or is it a big fake-out, allowing him to run around and knock off everyone?

12. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

For the record: yes, the ratings for this are beyond horrible. If it weren't for the mystery structure this show would have lasted for two episodes, tops. Affiliates aren't happy, because it was absolutely killing the late news ratings in the May book.

Draft saved Draft deleted