1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

harper's island: who's doin it? (updated)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by jps, Apr 12, 2009.

1. CentralIllinoisan

CentralIllinoisan Active Member

Re: harper's island: who's doin it?

Gimme the bride. No way she dies next episode.

2. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Yeah, but you're not picking week to week. You get one person. If they get killed you get ONE MORE. Not a new one every time your pick gets axed (or chopped, or stabbed)

3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I'm kind of surprised how gruesome some of these deaths have been. I think I know who the killer is though....

[​IMG]

I don't know if they'll cheat with the editing (putting two scenes right next to each making you think well that guy couldn't have gotten there so quickly), the psycho brother is an obvious red-herring. But I think the blond guy who got caught in the rope trap (and didnt' die) is an obvious possiblity, but would he be able to manipulate Uncle Marty's cell phone like that?

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  4. jps

jps Active Member

I dunno ... pretty sure cal's in the clear, hanging there all day and all. sure, they could edit it, but that'd be lame. but I'm putting cal in the probably not category for now.

thought the split personality thing would be fun to have it be abby, but now that's seeming no good with these happening so fast.

5. imjustagirl

While the psycho brother is an OBVIOUS red herring, as pointed out above, it doesn't make him any less creepy. I get freaked out every time he's on screen.

6. jps

jps Active Member

yeah - probably killed the deer. wanted to see big brother throw down. doesn't mean he's the big baddie, though.

and previews seem to indicate that the pace of this thing will be picking up. though, to be fair, they've already offed five people in two episodes, so it isn't like they're just taking a stroll through the forest.

7. I'm sticking with the Brit (even though he was hanging around). Maybe he didn't get killed because the killer (him) was the one who accidently sprung his own trap.
    I dunno, but that's my first pick and I'm sticking to it (for now).

8. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Just on screen? I'd get freaked out seeing him on line at 7-Eleven. Odd face.

9. imjustagirl

Oh, I'd cross the street for sure. But odds are I won't see him strolling around CT. :D

10. CentralIllinoisan

OK, since we don't pick week to week. My pick is Jimmy (fisherman and former flame of Abby) as the killer.

11. bagelchick

bagelchick Active Member

Thoroughly enjoying the show, and the preview they showed at the end of Thursday's episode certainly was interesting.

I think it's the psycho girl who wants to move to California.

12. CentralIllinoisan

Since she was hanged the last episode, I'm betting not. :D

Draft saved Draft deleted