1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

harper's island: who's doin it? (updated)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by jps, Apr 12, 2009.

1. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

Re: harper's island: who's doin it?

He's half the man he used to be.

2. BYH

BYH Active Member

Awesome. A show that takes place in "Seattle" and a song by a group from "Seattle." Perfect!!!!

3. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

This sounds strangely familiar. :D

4. jps

jps Active Member

well, it is "in" seattle, but not the normal seattle. this one is set in seattle, washintion.

5. pseudo

pseudo Well-Known Member

One thing about that scene made me laugh. When the bride tried to call Cousin Ben, and they cut to a shot of his cell ... on his belt ... underwater. Hell, that would be the first cell phone I've ever seen that survived ANY exposure to water, much less for the length of time he was supposedly down there. Couple of years ago, a guest jumped into the pool at my house, and started swearing as soon as he came back to the surface. Yup, already too late.

6. jps

jps Active Member

to be fair, it did just go to voice mail.

(though mrs. jps' phone survived after sleeping overnight in the bottom of the toilet -- thankfully, that stage in lil jps' life was a short one. took it apart, dried it out, let it air dry bit more, and the damned thing worked. screen was a bit screwed, but you could use it just fine otherwise.)

7. BYH

BYH Active Member

BTW, I haven't seen the ratings yet for the show, but why do I have a sinking feeling we're the only ones watching it?

8. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Verizon offers the Casio GzOne. Not only survives a dunking but works underwater.

http://www.casiogzone.com/

Sprint Nextel offers the Motorola i335 and i580, both of which meet military specs for harsh environment exposure. Haven't tried dunking my i335, but a splash of salt water didn't hurt it (can't be said of any other phone that I've seen splashed with salt water).

9. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

We were looking forward to watching it at our house and DVRd it.
    Whodunits can be fun, but this crap is virtually unwatchable.

10. jps

jps Active Member

gonna stick with abby. love the split personality angle.

11. CentralIllinoisan

CentralIllinoisan Active Member

So you want one person and we can change that person each week if we wish?

12. jps

jps Active Member

well, as it started, was thinking pick your killer. they get killed, clearly, not the guy/girl. so you get a new choice once your player is eliminated. that one gets killed off, you're out. guess if you are sure you got it wrong, you can switch your pick, but still counts as that first strike.

or is this all just a good idea in my head? cause that tends to happen, time to time.

Draft saved Draft deleted