1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Harold Reynolds to sue ESPN

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by tommyp, Oct 31, 2006.

1. tommyp

tommyp Member

http://thebiglead.com/?p=1280

2. leo1

leo1 Active Member

well this should be fun to watch.

3. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

Maybe he'll win and ESPN will have to cut Berman and Stuart Scott and SAS loose!

4. Sportsbruh

Sportsbruh Member

get ya money man!

5. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

The Big Lead is quickly becoming one of my favorite sports sites... I know they didn't break the story, but damn, what a great site...

Even though I never really liked him, I'm rooting for Reynolds in this one. For ESPN not to do anything to Tirico during all of his sexual harrassment and I've heard some Berman stories as well... It shows that if you're popular enough, ESPN doesn't care what goes on...

Fuck ESPN...

6. broadway joe

broadway joe Guest

I'd say Reynolds is in the same ballpark as Tirico as far as popularity, so it doesn't make sense that ESPN would treat the two so differently. My guess is still that Harold did a lot more than just give an intern a hug. I hope the whole truth comes out, whatever it is. It would no doubt be juicy. More likely that there'll be a settlement to make the whole thing go away, though.

7. Mizzougrad96

Well, ESPN definitely took a huge PR hit when Mike Freeman's outstanding ESPN book exposed Tirico for the creep that he is.

I don't think Reynolds is anywhere close to being in Tirico's class as far as popularity or talent. In ESPN's defense on Reynolds I've been told that he had previously warned about inappropriate behavior.

8. broadway joe

broadway joe Guest

Tirico is certainly much more talented than Reynolds, but popularity is a different story. Keep in mind, I'm talking about Tirico's standing back when he got into trouble, not now. I don't know if Reynolds deserved to get fired or not, I'm just saying that given the precedent ESPN set with Tirico, it's hard to believe they'd be stupid enough to fire Reynolds for a mild first offense, which seems to be the way he's painting it. He'd better have some history of this, and ESPN had better have warned him in no uncertain terms about it, or else Harold's about to come into some money.

9. Don't know how true it is, but I heard it wasn't an intern... I heard Bonnie Bernstein. Makes sense that they would believe an established employee over an intern.

But I guess the Bernstein rumor could be bullshit anyway. who knows...

10. Mizzougrad96

Since Bonnie hasn't worked at ESPN for years, I'm calling bullshit...

11. broadway joe

broadway joe Guest

... and something tells me Bonnie Bernstein isn't a Boston Market kinda gal.

12. thebiglead

thebiglead Member

Perhaps most interesting: Anyone surprised the tiny Oregon (circ of what, 10k?) paper got the court documents as opposed to all the Connecticut/NY papers? Or SI? Maybe there wasn't enough interest to check.

Anyone think the writer asked Reynolds about the court documents? Was unclear in the story.

Pretty damn good work by the writer.

Surprised Reynolds' lawyer is telling him to pursue a lawsuit. Wonder if ESPN throws a couple hundred K at him to make this go away quietly ... or goes the distance with this.

Draft saved Draft deleted