1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Harold Reynolds is working again

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by broadway joe, Jun 12, 2007.

1. broadway joe

broadway joe Guest

Apologies if this is a d_b, but he's been hired by MLB.com. Interesting that he says Peter Gammons is the one guy from ESPN who hasn't abandoned him since he got canned. Gammons is a classy guy.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/baseball/mlb/06/12/bc.bbo.mlb.reynolds.ap/index.html

2. boots

boots New Member

One of the good guys. I don't know the ins and outs of his firing, but HR and his brother are great people.

3. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

Pete is good people. It's not surprising that he would continue to call HR and stay in his corner. After reading that I clicked on to the photo gallery of The Sopranos and sports on SI.com

Here's our boy, Mangenius and the wife from the show:

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  4. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Good for HR, and why does it not surprise that Peter Gammons would come through as a stand-up type of guy?

If Reynolds is even half-correct about his side of the firing, ESPN should have some 'splanin' to do. Considering what many males did around Bristol in addition to the Mike Tirico mess, no way HR's punishment fit the crime.

5. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

What's more, it's an excellent hire by MLB.com, which needs to upgrade talent for their broadband programming as it gains viewership. Harold could be a key guy when MLB launches its channel in a couple years, too. Congrats, Harold.

6. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

I have no idea how much validity the female's complaint has, but HR's point about not being able to defend himself against it is not unusual. That sort of thing happens all the time:
    "N_W, we've had complaints about you, and we're going to have to let you go."
    "Well, what were the complaints? Who made them?"
    "We don't have to tell you that, and we're not going to."
    You may have the right to face your accuser in court, but a lot of businesses don't want to get involved with being thorough in these types of things.

7. charging someone from ESPN with sexual harassment is like handing out speeding tickets at the Indianapolis 500

(thanks Apocalypse Now)

8. boots

boots New Member

This can happen to anyone. I once had a co-worker who said I leered at her. I told her to wake the fuck up. (And that's the truth).

9. rokski2

rokski2 New Member

Post of the Year material, folks. What say you, Mikey T.?

10. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

It'll probably come at a steep price, but HR is a great pick-up. He, by far, blows every other ex-player baseball analyst for ESPN.

11. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

Well, if he did that, this is probably yet another explanation of his departure. :)

12. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Perhaps the word away was missing in my previous post. ...

Draft saved Draft deleted