1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Harold Reynolds Fired By ESPN

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Della9250, Jul 25, 2006.

1. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

Has a nice ring to it...

2. flaming_mo

flaming_mo Guest

Does anyone really believe this? Does anyone really believe that Harold Reynolds, who hasn't uttered an original thought in years, quit/was fired because of a dispute over the editorial direction of Baseball Tonight.

That may be the spin, but I'm not buying it.

3. DyePack

DyePack New Member

I tend to agree, but the tension involving Mr. Kruk has been building.

If they don't get Brent, then Mike Ditka should fill in.

"All parks should be open-air with grass! Stop building these tiny Rollerdomes!"

4. WScribblySh

WScribblySh Member

How true, how true.

5. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Rawlings Gold Glove Award, usually referred to simply as the Gold Glove, is the award annually given to the major league player judged to be the most "superior individual fielding performance" at each position (in each league), as voted by the managers and coaches in each league.

So I'm not exactly sure what Reynolds "stole," seeing as how the managers and coaches, who presumably have a passing knowledge of baseball, selected him over Frank White, who was an excellent second baseman.

6. DyePack

DyePack New Member

This denigration of Reynolds' All-Star 1988 campaign is a travesty.

7. WScribblySh

WScribblySh Member

Lighten up, Francis.

8. micropolitan guy

I'm perfectly light. Just be ready to back up what you say, because this can be a tough crowd.

And fetch me a beer.

9. sportymcgee

sportymcgee Member

Oh yes, we know the Gold Glove always goes to the person judged to be the most superior. And all the players in the All-Star Game are the best in baseball.

10. micropolitan guy

Come on, you know that fans pick the starting lineup for the ASG, not the managers and coaches.

11. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

On Sportscenter, they just did a five-second Harold Reynolds reference.

"ESPN HAS CONFIRMED (my emphasis) that Harold Reynolds is no longer with the network. ESPN officials offered no further comment."

12. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

But they didn't wish him well. </fox>

Draft saved Draft deleted