1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Harold Reynolds Fired By ESPN

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Della9250, Jul 25, 2006.

1. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Alberts talked after he was fired. That's why I was wondering about Reynolds.

2. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Harold lives in Connecticut. He's been very welcome at Yankee Stadium in the past. He's an American League guy, with high visibility and a nice Q rating, or whatever that's called.

It's not a stretch to see him going to work for YES, especially with him apparently sticking up for ARod. Supposedly after the segment with Kruk he and a producer had some heated words, and he walked.

Not taking a shot at ESPN increases his integrity, although it is curious he hasn't rebutted the harrassment allegations.

Not D-Bing this this from Deadspin, just what has been rumored.

3. DyePack

DyePack New Member

You know who'd be a great fill-in? Brent Musburger.

"You are looking LIVE at John Kruk's head ..."

4. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

"I've been told John has only one ball. You know what else has only one ball? Baseball!

It's Baseball Tonight, next on ESPN!"

5. BYH

BYH Active Member

Very funny.

Unfortunately for Brent, even though he's already in the family, he's not eligible for such a promotion, as it would begin reversing his 16-year downward slide.

6. Hustle

Hustle Guest

"With those headlines, you'll see why."
    [​IMG]

7. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

1) I like Harold. I think he's funny and brings great energy.

2) Did anyone watch the celebrity softball game at the All Star game? It seemed something strange was abrewin' with H.R. and Kruk, but maybe I read into nothing.

3) Unless he did something pretty startling, this is a bad move. But what would Harold Reynolds have done that's so startling?

8. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Well played. :D

9. leo1

leo1 Active Member

kruk and HR had been getting into it live for the past few weeks. i thought ravech was starting to lose control at times it got so bad. but it just seemed like jock banter and there's no way he'd get fired for snipping at kruk a few times more than he should.

10. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

If I'm D_Bing this, my apologies.

http://www.deadspin.com/

Someone wrote into that site and said:

11. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Yes, it's a D_B. But welcome back anyway, Bammer.

12. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

I gladly accept the name "Big Buckin' D_Bin' agate_monkey"

Draft saved Draft deleted