1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Harold Reynolds Fired By ESPN

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Della9250, Jul 25, 2006.

1. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

This is totally random... But why does Deeper_Background's avatar have a picture of Rachel Nichols with the "boom goes the dynamite" quote? It's beyond random.

2. fmrsped

fmrsped Active Member

I've said this before but I'llsay it again: The level of dumbassery on the part of D_B is unprecedented. He deserves the level of shit he gets around here, undoubtedly.

To comment on Mike Tirico's issues like it's never been discussed here before just baffles my mind.

May you get terrible arthritis in your fingers sir, so you may never type here again.

3. Arrrr... that post by dumber background was plundered whole from deadspin. We pirates be lawless but we adhere to t' code o' fair use.

4. Chef

Chef Active Member

5:3 says DoucheBag has his homepage set to deadspin, and gets all excited when his "breaking news alert sounder" goes nuts.

5. suburbanite

suburbanite Active Member

Excellent point, Pirate Lou. May you have all the Vitamin C you need to protect you from scurvy.

6. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Also rumored that he walked off the set on Sunday night, during the broadcast, after his dust-up with Kruk over ARod. Didn't watch that night so I have no way of verifying if that's true or not.

7. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I didn't watch Sunday night.
    What happened between Reynolds and Kruk?

8. From the bottom of that Deadspin entry:

UPDATE: Another reader, with "contacts on the inside," refutes the sexual harassment whispers: "Anyone who is saying sexual harassment either has been given bad third-hand info or is lying. Harold has had a couple of rather heated arguments with the producers at "Baseball Tonight," and some of the suits at ESPN over the program's coverage of Alex Rodriguez. At the last production meeting, when it was made clear they were going to really play up the A-Rod angle during coverage of the Yankees-Texas series, Harold had a colossal meltdown, which led to his dismissal. The sexual harassment allegations are even more laughable when you consider that he is being replaced by Steve Phillips -- a man who has never met a skirt he wouldn't chase and who was caught in one of the more embarrassing front office sexual harassment scandals in MLB history."

True? Not true? This, like the rest of it, just reinforces our point: We don't know. And the longer ESPN pretends like nothing happened, like they're a corner shop with three employees, believing this stuff can possibly remain private, the more talk there will be. Still, this is the lone "it's not sexual harassment email" we've received.

9. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

If it's a disagreement over the ridiculous overplay of the A-Rod story, wouldn't Reynolds want to get his side of the story out?
    Or is he worried that would hurt his chances at landing another broadcast gig?

10. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

I'm assuming ESPN has confidentiality agreements in place for all talks between reporters, producers and management.

11. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

On the Emansky ads? Those were real, courtesy of the Sanford Herald in Florida.

It used to be daily. I think now it's rather less.

12. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

With those headlines, I can see why.

Draft saved Draft deleted