1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Harold Reynolds Fired By ESPN

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Della9250, Jul 25, 2006.

1. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

No doubt. If it's some slight offense compared to what Irvin did, then Reynolds would have every right to be ticked.

2. Arrr... Don't be such a chumbucket and be talkin' bad about Mr. Krab lest ye be loaded to the gunwales. His voice comes from Clancy Brown who played t' Kurgan in t' original Highlander movie and he was also Captain Hadley in T' Shawshank Redemption.

Arrr... Clancy Brown would make one heck o' a pirate me hearty

3. No doubt. I love those faux newspaper headlines:
    "National Champions!"
    "Another National Title!"
    "Champs Again!"
    (or something similar)

Also, Olney>Kurkjian, IMO.

4. MacDaddy

MacDaddy Active Member

I think we're missing the bigger issue here.

With Harold Reynolds out, who's going to be the manager/coach for the AL squad in the All-Star celebrity/ex-jock softball game?

5. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

I am itching to know what is behind this. Can't wait until it comes out. Only two possibilities really exist: 1) slammed ESPN publicly, of 2) played a little grab ass with one of the production assistants. Are there any other ways out of Bristol?

6. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Or, 3) talked money with FOX.

7. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

My list is corrected. Maybe you can add a four possibility (from Deadspin just now): 4) Refused to do an ESPN mobile commercial.

8. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

I think Harold was a contract employee, and not directly employed by ESPN. Perhaps he wanted more money. Maybe that's what they all are there, I don't know.

He carried Mike Patrick at the College World Series, as Patrick was definitely off his game and making mistakes galore as the event wore on.

9. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Joe probably brought 2 bags with him on dates. One for his date and one in case first breaks.

The weird thing about Miller is that as over excited he gets on TV he sounds bland on radio doing the Orioles. He needs to flip flop his voices.

10. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

If that's why he was fired, I'll have newfound respect for Reynolds.

11. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

Miller does Giants games. It's been years since he was with the Orioles.

12. ballscribe

ballscribe Active Member

But that guy sure sounds like a dead ringer for Miller, as I recall.

Draft saved Draft deleted