1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Harold Reynolds Fired By ESPN

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Della9250, Jul 25, 2006.

1. suburbanite

suburbanite Active Member

Well-played. The guy I really wish they would fire is Karl Hairweave Ravech. I know he's not an analyst, but he adds nothing and is not even a good 'traffic cop' as the anchor, so to speak. And if you listen closely to him, his baseball knowledge often is suspect.

2. Del_B_Vista

Del_B_Vista Active Member

I never had a real beef with Reynolds, but his first year at the CWS was a bit painful. When they brought the "big boys" from MLB coverage, they had no real idea what college baseball was. In one of the early games, a team goes up something like 7-0 and a baserunner steals second in the third inning. Reynolds goes ape$h!t about how that's rubbing it in and unsportsmanlike. Needless to say, the game ends 13-12 or something like that.

3. broadway joe

broadway joe Guest

How bizarre was that? Jon Miller kept trying to give him more chances to say something more appropriate, and Joe just couldn't do it. He treated it like a bad news/good news situation.

4. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Anything that means more Kruk is OK with me.

Would like to hear more about exactly why this went down, though...

5. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

I completely disagree. I think Ravich is one of the best parts of ESPN period. Excellent host and very smooth. BBTN is always better with him directing the show.

6. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

When I saw you had the most recent post, I thought for sure I was going to read something about HR trying to go ass to mouth on Krukker. :-X

7. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Nominations for line of the day are now closed.

8. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

C'mon pern.

An ass-to-mouth joke on the day a man is fired?

You must think I have no class...

9. FuerteJ

FuerteJ Active Member

Pirate Lou...This is genius. Just beautiful.

10. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Sounds more like Mister Krabs than a pirate.

11. tyler durden 71351

tyler durden 71351 Active Member

I am totally digging the pirate thing.

12. donaugust

donaugust Member

That's assuming he could get a word in edgewise with "O-Dog" calling him constantly.

Draft saved Draft deleted