1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Harold Reynolds Fired By ESPN

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Della9250, Jul 25, 2006.

1. Arrrr... me guess be that this was over doubloons. Reynolds probably found out he was gettin' less doubloons than cockswain Kruk for doin' twice t' work (Reynolds also does t' College World Series). Doubloons be usually at t' root o' these thin's and ESPN. He may have tried a Kellerman and it aftfired. Arrrr....

2. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

A resignation? Maybe.

A firing of a high-profile position? Rarely.

3. Arrr... Reynolds may have bluffed "no more doubloons then no workie." His superiors can't keelhaul his ass for no workie so they fired him off to Davie Jones they did.

Arrr.. that be my guess. Giving no explanation is probably the blackhearts at ESPN's way of letting people assume the worst about Reynolds and why he lost his situation.

4. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

There must've been an incident. ESPN evaluates all their employees annually after their seasons are done... The last time something like this happened, it was a sexual harrassment deal... I don't know if that's the case again.

5. Arrr... Not neccessarily. Trev Alberts was let go in t' middle o' college football season and it wasn't for sexual harrassment. Alberts wanted t' be t' captain when he was't even cut from t' cloth o' a first mate.

Arrr... meanwhile Mike "shiver me timber darlin'" Tirico still draws a daily ration o' grog at Bristol.

6. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Trev sort of quit or at least forced ESPN to fire him by not showing up... It's not the same thing at all...

7. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

I always hated how, on the College World Series Selection Show, Reynolds would always go on an on about all things related to college baseball.
    He actually knew very little about most of the teams, save for what he'd read in a newspaper or on the Internet.
    Or so it seemed to me.
    But, as to why he was fired ... beats me.
    He's probably a really nice guy in person, away from the job.

8. PaulS

PaulS Member

Let's hope he was fired for stealing Frank White's Gold Glove in 1988.

9. Arrr... Reynolds always is on Monday nights. Maybe when he threatened to not show Monday and then failed to stand his watch as threatened - ESPN made him walk the plank. Could be the same set o' sail as Alberts. All we have to go on is the flimsy NY Post bit for now that doesn't rule in or out any barnicles.

10. WS

WS Member

Harold was great on BAseball tonight, but absolutely shitty on the College and Little LEague World Series broadcasts

11. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

Stressing the delivery more than opinion.

12. Tiger16

Tiger16 Member

I always thought he was very good on the College World Series and Little League World Series

Draft saved Draft deleted