1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Harold Reynolds Fired By ESPN

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Della9250, Jul 25, 2006.

1. PaseanaARG

PaseanaARG Guest

This is brilliant.

2. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

Line of the year, for my confederate bills.

3. Johnny Drama

Johnny Drama Member

[​IMG]

4. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Priceless.

5. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

I'm guessing they didn't immediately shitcan a high-profile employee on the basis on one innocent mistake.

I'm also guessing Harold is going to spin his ass off here for the sake of possible future employment and explaining to his wife and in-laws why he so stupidly pissed away a nice income.

6. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

That just made me think. I am sure he had a contract. In fact, I just googled it and it said they had recently signed him to a contract extension. Does he still collect? If they decide not to honor it for cause does he then have to sue? How does it work?

7. Smasher_Sloan

His contract probably has a clause for morals or improper behavior, so they can claim he breached it.

8. All contracts at the WWL have "just cause" clauses ...

9. broadway joe

broadway joe Guest

Bristol Insider, do you have any more info you can safely provide? Do you know if Reynolds had been accused of this kind of thing before?

10. schrdp2002

schrdp2002 Member

lol

11. Smasher_Sloan

Bob Raissman's take:

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/story/438415p-369384c.html

12. suburbanite

suburbanite Active Member

Here's the headline on Raissman's column:

ESPN's silence covers Reynolds rap

This is a different issue, but does EVERY sports headline at the NY Daily News have to be a wacky play on words? I mean, this is a pretty serious column about ESPN sweeping its dirty laundry under the rug.

Last month, they had a takeout on all the many oral surgeries Tom Glavine had to endure after he got two teeth knocked out in a cab two years ago, and the story had a lot of new info that Glavine hadn't discussed about how painful it really was. The headline: Tommy Finally Tells the Whole Tooth. Guffaw, guffaw, that's wacky.

What's going to be their hed if their features dept. pans the Oliver Stone 9/11 movie: Bin There, Done That?

Draft saved Draft deleted