1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Harold and Kumar

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Batman, Feb 27, 2008.

1. GBNF

GBNF Well-Known Member

1) Lets hope my brother enjoys my script as much as he did John's and Hayden's - he got them $50,000 for that one.

2) What channel is Bulworth on? One of the great movies of my lifetime.

2. BYH

BYH Active Member

White Castle is just fucking gross, unless you're drunk.

There is no good reason, none at all, to eat White Castle sober.

3. EmbassyRow

EmbassyRow Active Member

Did TBS leave in my favorite scene?

"This is the most fucking confusing movie I've ever seen. She's possessed, she's not possessed...dude, that rack better be stacked.

"OH, TITS!!! TITS!!! HOLY SHIT! WHOA! Those aren't real---yes, they are!"

4. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Living down south for the last decade, it's been a long time since I had a White Castle. They're both pretty nasty. If you let them sit for 30 minutes or so, the bun will basically disintegrate because of all the grease. The appeal, at least for me, was in getting to White Castle. The nearest one was either in Edison or Seaside, both about 45 minutes away, so it always involved a road trip. And those are always fun when you're 20.

5. I love eating White Castles sober. Nashville is my closest WC, though, and it's like four hours from me. I don't need them that badly.

Krystal burgers go heavy on the mustard. That's the main difference.

6. Philosopher

Philosopher Member

Funny movie, although in real life White Castle burgers taste like someone took a dump on a piece of bread.

7. westcoastvol

westcoastvol Active Member

That's insulting to turds everywhere!

Krystals have thicker buns (marginally), more mustard and less onion. Plus, a pickle. Tastes great with ketchup on them.

And is it just me, or is everyone putting "sliders" on their menus now? Chili's, Ruby Tuesday's...interesting. Although, the best slider's I've ever had was at a cafe in San Anselmo in Marin County a few years ago.

8. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

There are 32 White Castle locations in the five boroughs.

9. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Huh. Must've popped up overnight.

10. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I'm not from the city, so there wasn't even an option of White Castle until I crossed the Jersey border for concerts a few years ago.

11. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I don't get the love affair with White Castle, either.

Tasteless meat and overpowering onions on a bun.

12. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

I can understand that line of thought.

But, I love White Castles. And like Kid Bro, I'd have to make an all day trek to Nashville to be able to get a sack of Whitey One Bites. That ain't happening, but when we trek northward to visit family, there's always a White Castle stop fit into the itinerary.

And Krystal as an alternative? Please. Krystal couldn't carry White Castles' buns.

Draft saved Draft deleted