1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Harold and Kumar

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Batman, Feb 27, 2008.

1. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

On TBS right now. I love this movie because, as anyone who grew up in Jersey can attest, you will drive 90 minutes to find a White Castle no matter what.

2. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I've never had a White Castle burger.

3. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

The sequel is premiering at South By Southwest in a month.

4. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

This movie became sort of a inside joke cult hit at my grad school, if only because one of our professors was a dead ringer for Neil Patrick Harris (Doogie Howser), mannerisms and all.

5. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Are you from New Jersey? If so, go out and get one right now. There used to be a White Castle in Edison. Edison is 45 minutes from everywhere, isn't it?

6. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

I was debating between Harold and Kumar and Bulworth. Went with Bulworth, because it had been a while since I'd seen it.
    The ice cream scene made it certainly worth it.
    Warren Beatty convinces the cops who are harrassing the group of kids to get in their car and take off.
    He tells one of the cops to apologize, and then instructs one of the kids to say "No problem officer."
    "Go fuck yourself you fucking pig cocksucker."
    "Good enough."

7. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I'm from New York, and I spent most of my life staying away from Jersey. Not even the best of burgers can get me to go there voluntarily.

8. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Not to mention the fact you'd have to pay roughly $100 in tolls to get in and out of the city. Fair enough, sir.

9. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

The last time I was in Jersey, a cop pulled me and my friend over and then got us out of the car, questioned me for being high because my "pupils are huge." After we passed all the tests, I said, "Sir, all we want to do is get out of New Jersey. Any help you can give us would be great."

10. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

If nothing else, this film is notable for resurrecting Doogie Howser's career.

And I have no opinion on White Castle, mainly because I've never had one. As far as I know, the only White Castle within 500 miles of my house is on Broadway in Nashville, but I've never gotten around to stopping there.

For those who've had both, what's the difference between a White Castle burger and a Krystal?

11. Highway 101

Highway 101 Active Member

I never ate a White Castle while sober in five years at Indiana.

So, I'm not much good.

My guess is that Krystals are a little thicker, and a littler lighter on the onion.

Others: Yes? No?

12. Walter_Sobchak

Walter_Sobchak Active Member

I just flipped over for 5 minutes and flipped back. They completely cut the best scene in the movie, right after they steal the skateboarder's car and pop in the "Extreme Mix Tape" of
    Total Eclipse of the Heart, Baby Baby and Hold On.

Fuckers over at TBS.

Draft saved Draft deleted