1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

HAROLD AND KUMAR -- holy crap!!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by shockey, May 20, 2006.

1. Mutah

Mutah Member

I know it's stupid, but the sight of them riding the tiger, then Harold getting knocked off was f*ing laugh-out-loud funny. And NPH is beyond hilarious -- my belief that if you've seen the movie, you saw the birth of "Barney" from "How I Met Your Mother."

2. shockey

shockey Active Member

nph is WAY better in h & k than in anything he's ever done on "how i met your mother." he's so relaxed and unaffected as himself. 8) 8)

3. PaseanaARG

PaseanaARG Guest

Got to use one of my favorite H&K quotes today.

On Drop Zone, thrill ride at Kings Island. Girl next to me says: "We're soooo high."

My response. Of course: "We're not low."

I was happy.

4. shockey

shockey Active Member

BRAVO!!

kumar: you're worthless.

harold: i am not worthwhile. ;D ;D

5. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

NPH needs to be in the sequel just so we can watch him do coke off a hooker's ass in Islamabad.

6. shockey

shockey Active Member

KRUMHOLZ is great in that scene.

"they're not real!! yes they are!!"

and later, when harold/kumar ask him what katie's tits were like: "you know the holocaust? Now think of the exact opposite of that."

awesome. 8) 8)

7. shockey

shockey Active Member

mine, too. diane farr doesn't hurt, either. mmm-mmm good.!! 8) 8)

8. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

"The things I would eat out of Katie Holmes' ass ... you have no idea!"

"Oh yeah, they're totally gay for one another."
    "You wanna suck on this?"
    "Uh-huh ... "

Hilarious scene. The only one that's better is the Kumar-Weed Stash montage in the middle of the movie. I was doubled over in pain watching that the first time.

Anyone who misses this because of its title (and I know a lot of movie who were turned off by that), are missing out. Funny ass movie.

9. shockey

shockey Active Member

that point's been made several times by me. the title makes it sound like just another moronic teen flick. but this is one of the smartest, laugh out loud film in a loooong time. 8) 8)

10. GimpyScribe

GimpyScribe Member

I have a friend that recently moved across the country. She and I used to hang out once a week and watch a movie. "Harold and Kumar ...'' was one that slipped through the cracks while she was here. I had mentioned it to her a couple of weeks ago and she said she never seen it, cuz she thought the title was stupid. I pointed out the error of her ways. So, last Friday night, we got on the phone, each popped in the DVD into our respective players and simultanously hit play. She almost pee'd her pants 10 times from laughing so hard.

I totally recognized Jamie Kennedy in the bushes, I had no idea that was Christopher Meloni. Wow.
    On a sidenote, has anyone just popped in the DVD and just let it run without pushing play? It's Harold and Kumar sitting in the car, talking to the viewer and each other. It goes on FOREVER and is hilarious.

11. shockey

shockey Active Member

as expected, all the dvd special features didn't disappoint. 8) 8)

12. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

the title drew me to it, but the weed humor pushed me away. i normally dismiss pot-based plots or lyrics, etc. i'm just not a big pot guy. but damn, i netflix'd it -- went out the next day and bought it on dvd.

Draft saved Draft deleted