1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hardee's wants to kill us all

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by TrooperBari, Oct 16, 2007.

1. BIG FUCKING TACO!

Exhibit No. 383 why the movie Idiocracy is on the mark when it comes to our future ... even if it wasn't that funny ...

2. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

It's long been a debate with me. When they're making the documentary on how exactly America ate itself to death, what do you think will warrant the longer segment:

[​IMG]

OR:

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  3. pallister

pallister Guest

In general, why would anyone give a shit what someone else eats? That "I don't approve of what you're doing" attitude when it comes to food, more than a proliferation of the food itself, is what's wrong with this country. If you don't like the crap these places serve, don't eat there. And while you're not eating there, mind your own business.

4. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

I can't speak for the others on this thread, but for me, it's not disapproving of what people are eating, it's amazement that Hardee's would trot out another one of these calorie bombs after taking a verbal pounding over the Monster Thickburger. Good on them if they can successfully move those burgers and salads so well there's call for a breakfast spin-off.

5. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

They probably trotted out the latest calorie bomb BECAUSE everyone was riding them for the Monster Thickburger (though they've had mega-calorie, mega-fat sandwiches and items before the MT). Free publicity.

Next challenge: the 1,000-calorie vegetarian sandwich.

6. Editude

Editude Active Member

It's not a rush to individual judgment but a sense that we'll have to pay for collective poor diet judgments through higher insurance costs, more time out sick and death rates that would tend to hit lower-income families with fewer good-food choices. Until then, bring on the chips and guacamole salsa.

7. Post. Of. The.Week.
    Oh, and endomorphic fucks can be fun.

8. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

The premise had so much potential, and it had its moments ... but, yeah, pretty unfunny, for the most part.

9. Hey that's not true! I can see my ass.

Also, I actually found the recipe for Homer's waffle wrapped around a stick of butter (What's liquid smoke?):
    http://rlrr.drum-corps.net/category/food/waffle-irons

Homer Simpson’s Space-Age Out-of-This-World Moon Waffles:

Ingredients
    One bag caramel cubes
    Waffle mix
    One bottle Liquid Smoke
    One stick butter

Directions
    Empty bag of caramels onto waffle iron.
    Add generous portion of waffle batter (Oooooh… Waffle runoff…).
    Add one bottle of Liquid Smoke.
    Cook until burnt.
    Wrap waffle around a stick of butter.
    Serve on a toothpick.

10. dawgpounddiehard

dawgpounddiehard Active Member

HOMER: Bart! Dip your bacon in butter!
    BART: But Homer, my heart hearts!
    HOMER: DIP IT!

11. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Butter up that bacon, boy.

But dad....

Bacon up that sausage.

12. BigSleeper

BigSleeper Active Member

HOMER: In this house you'll do what I do and believe what I believe. Now butter your bacon!

And ...

Draft saved Draft deleted