1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hardaway homophobia

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Jim Tom Pinch, Feb 14, 2007.

1. Rusty Shackleford

Rusty Shackleford Active Member

I just watched Killer Crossover in an episode of 'Joes vs. Pros.' He didn't look bad offensively, but if that was his best defense, I don't know how he ever made it in the NBA.

2. Boobie Miles

Boobie Miles Active Member

I heard he just didn't want to guard his guy too tight because he thought he might have been queer.

3. Jesus_Muscatel

Jesus_Muscatel Well-Known Member

Big, uh, ups, Boobie.

4. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Hmmm, wondering if maybe the UTEP Two-Step wasn't something else altogether ...

5. Jim Murray

Jim Murray New Member

Timmy obviously has American Beauty-military dad syndrome

6. MC Sports Guy

MC Sports Guy Member

I just don't understand how people can be this stupid, especially someone who's dealt with the media as much as TimBug. I mean, what in the hell went through his head in the moment before he said that? Did he actually think that was going to be OK? Did he think people would say, "You know, Timmy's got a point. Let's ban gays from U.S. soil!"?

It's unbelievable.

7. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

My thoughts exactly.

8. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Wonder if Tim has that down-low thing going and is protesting too much. And yawn has the most recent post on the other Hardaway thread. I shudder to think.

9. Sportsbruh

Sportsbruh Member

he should have kept his mouth shut.

Now his nude pics are going to resurface. Idiot.

10. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

First, this deserved its own thread.

Second, Le Batard has been mining guests for this sort of response for two weeks.

Drilling, drilling and drilling. Guest after guest. Praying for someone to bite.

Thanks, Hardaway, for legitimizing his techniques, as much as anything.

Feel bad for the maintenance worker who had to clean the goo off the walls of that studio.

11. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

It's a lot bigger problem in the black community than anyone's willing to acknowledge. The macho, sometimes expected to be thug, image that's held by some with a darker complexion...heaven forbid a black person admits to being gay.

Is it any surprise that it's a black Brit, and not a black American, basketball player who came out?

A troll is a troll is a troll.

12. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

That is the unspoken truth that Le Batard will never articulate.

Now Leonard Pitts? I could see that.

Draft saved Draft deleted