1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hardaway homophobia

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Jim Tom Pinch, Feb 14, 2007.

1. Jim Tom Pinch

Jim Tom Pinch Active Member

Sorry if this has been posted already, but Tim Hardaway just became the poster boy for homophobia on Dan Lebetard's show today.

Lebetard might have known Hardaway might say something like this, given the way he asked him.

2. SoSueMe

SoSueMe Active Member

Link? Transcript? mp3 file? Anything?

3. Jim Tom Pinch

Jim Tom Pinch Active Member

Sorry this is being discussed in the Man in the Middle thread. I don't know why I wouldn't ahve thought to look there.

4. RokSki

RokSki New Member

I've heard the remarks on the radio several times already. It's brutal. Hardaway is finished in any serious media career.

I love Tim, but this was career hari-kari. He's done. He flat out said "I hate gay people," and said they shouldn't be in the United States. This is a nuclear bomb self-inflicted. :(

5. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

I don't believe in zinging folks for d_b'ing, but I got your back on this one.

http://www.sportsjournalists.com/forum/threads/37334/

I actually brought it up on this page and the link to access the interview. I won't ask for any doughnuts. We're Junior Members, so we have equal rights under the Jr. Member rules of SportsJournalists.com.

6. SoSueMe

SoSueMe Active Member

Thanks for the link. I wasn't following the Amaechi story much.

7. BYH

BYH Active Member

8. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

50 bucks says he's going to blame it on being an alcoholic.

9. RokSki

RokSki New Member

Absolutely. He'll head to rehab with Gavin Newom and Isiah Washington. :)

10. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

I blame Bush.[/hardaway]

11. MGoBlue

MGoBlue Member

I'm imagining the firestorm if this was a quote about a black player from a white player (I've subbed black for gay, and refrained from using the N-word):

"You know, I hate black people, so I let it be known. I don't like black people and I don't like to be around black people. I am racist. I don't like (them). It shouldn't be in the world or in the United States."

Nuf said.

12. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

And people wonder why Amaechi's (sp) announcement was a) news and b) not done while he was still playing.

Draft saved Draft deleted