1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hard-hitting expose (accented e) details downfall of successful radio host

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by mltru2tx, Jul 11, 2008.

1. mltru2tx

mltru2tx Member

http://dallasobserver.com/2008-07-03/news/the-hard-lie/

This has been an ongoing saga in the DFW area since last year, and two days ago this finally hit. If you've ever lived in Dallas or just want to read a good, well-written story, check it out. It's a real-life soap opera involving guy/sports radio at one of the most successful sports radio stations in the country.

Then, if you're still interested, hear the still-employed guys' response to the article yesterday...

http://www.theunticket.com/

2. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

In short, every fucking thing that's wrong with sports radio and makes it utterly unlistenable for anybody with an IQ even approaching room temperature.

And the rest is the completely stereotypical reformed-drug addict/alcoholic substance-abuse fuckup "i made mistakes, gee i'm sorry, i've seen the error of my ways, turned my life completely around, whole new attitude" bullshit we read every day.

3. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

That's because the guys who are still in the gutter aren't granting a lot of interviews.

4. So that appeared in the paper?
    You can drop an f-bomb in the paper?

5. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

The Observer is the Dallas alt-weekly. It's a very good one, IMO.

6. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Thanks for checking in, Mr. Rhyner. ;D

7. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

No problem. I've always been a big fan of SportsJournalists.com. ;)

8. mltru2tx

mltru2tx Member

Sorry it didn't meet your standards, Starman. I thought it was pretty well done and fair. As for the format, to each his own I guess. They're obviously doing something right.

9. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

I found it to be a pretty interesting read, mltru2tx

10. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

My alma mater: producing lunatics since 1873!

11. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

So a guy with a drug addiction can buy $50-thousand dollars worth of guns? Sign of the Apocolypse. And the boss, allowing a guy to lie on the first day on the job and not call him out on it? Something's wrong with that dude as well. Guy sounds like a local version of Colin Cowherd. And everybody complains about Fatso and the Fruitloop--at least they keep the subject on sports.

12. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Greggo and Nate Newton will do a local 7-10 p.m. show on ESPN Dallas as soon as Greggo's 1-year non-compete expires in October.

Draft saved Draft deleted