1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Harassed for taking a photo of an ATM? There's no app for that.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Inky_Wretch, May 12, 2009.

1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

(No, not that ATM. The automated teller machine kind.)

Security guards have an ATM opened up and working on it. Dude takes photo. Guards call cops who invoke 9/11 on him. Cuff him, store warns him to stay away for a year.

But nobody makes him delete the offending photo, which is now on the Intrawebnets ...

http://gizmodo.com/5250851/man-threatened-arrested-for-taking-picture-of-open-atm-in-public

2. budcrew08

budcrew08 Active Member

What a couple of douchebags. I understand security, but Jesus H. Christ.

3. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

They wouldn't need an ATM at REI if it didn't cost half the wealth of a Persian Gulf emirate in order to buy a fucking winter jacket there.

4. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

Never mind the ATM, what you want to do it pop one of those trucks carrying a few dozen filled ATM cash cartridges.

There's a summer project for you.

5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Dude, hit the sales at REI. They've got incredible deals during the annual anniversary sale. [/coopmember}

6. CitizenTino

CitizenTino Active Member

OK, I'm going to go ahead and ask the stupid question: What kind of security threat is there in taking a picture of an ATM being repaired?

7. greenlantern

greenlantern Guest

Apparently, it means the terrorists win.

8. Double J

Double J Active Member

Shit, again??

The terrorists have won so many times already, the Detroit Lions are laughing at us.

9. greenlantern

greenlantern Guest

As bad as the Lions are, it wouldn't surprise me if the terrorists beat them years ago. Anybody made sure Matt Millen's no an Al Qeda operative?

10. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

There are devices that bad guys can put on ATMs that record all the information from your card, so I think the banks can be kind of skittish.

Draft saved Draft deleted