1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

'Happy with my foreskin'

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dick Whitman, Jul 31, 2013.

1. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

The guy has been a runner up for national magazine awards, He is the featured columnist
    with the most coveted spot in ESPN The Mag. His column is read by millions and creates much discussion each month. He interviews and writes about some of the most powerful people in the world. Why lower himself to write about his wiener?

2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

This is the thing I don't get. And, honestly, I'm pretty sure I like Jones. Sure, he a pinko Canadian, but he's smart, hard working, and he stands up for himself.

He's a great writer, and finds good stories to tell.

I don't mind when he writes about the process of writing, or his own disappointments (and occasional joy) he feels at the reception some of his work receives -- especially when he's writing about it for an audience of people interested, in a place like his blog or on twitter.

And, he's surely had unfair criticism hurled his way, specifically because people know that if you poke him, he will poke back, and then you can be part of a "feud" with a big writer.

But, why in God's name does he write about his junk for Esquire?

The idea of writing about circumcision because of a Royal birth is silly anyway. To assign four writers to talk about their personal experience is beyond silly.

3. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Digital. Fucking. Dimes.

Stack 'em, baby.

4. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

This I did not know:

Jewish law requires that all baby boys be circumcised on the eighth day of life. Orthodox Jews sometimes follow with a ritual known as metzitzah b'peh. Immediately after the boy is circumcised, the man who performs the ritual — known as a mohel — takes a mouthful of wine. Then he places his mouth around the base of the boy's penis and uses suction to clean the wound.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/05/30/metzitzah-bpeh-blood-sucking-jewish-circumcision-ritual-debated-by-nyc-mayoral-candidates-video_n_3360526.html

5. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

I bet their are a lot of Catholic Priests who would like to have this in the Catholic Church.

6. HC

HC Well-Known Member

Because it was funny?

Draft saved Draft deleted