1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Happy Valentines Day!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by 21, Feb 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Yet.

2. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

You just don't know that. This is an Internet fucking message board. Grab some reality.

3. Shotty - Folks? When you post you really do think you are playing to an audience - don't you?

Serious question -with all your "interjections" into other people's discussions - who do you think you are impressing? You do realize that you most times end up looking like Barney Fife in clown face. You have to realize that - right?

You are a funny man. And by funny I mean peculiar.

4. jr/shotglass

Man, this is disturbing to him, FOLKS.

5. [​IMG]

If that's not a clown school yearbook quote - I don't know what is.

Have a nice lonely night Shotty.

6. jr/shotglass

You too, Chrissy. Blog away.

7. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

When this guy shows up, the party is OVER

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  8. jr/shotglass

Is that what's-his-name from Modern Family in clown get-up?

9. BYH

BYH Active Member

First of all, this thread was worth the hype it received. Yes. A thread received hype.

Secondly, this is the equivalent of asking the driver to pull over to a rest stop bathroom 150 miles after you've shit and pissed all over yourself, but I really had to respond to this:

If there was anything I was going to do after my Mom died, it was properly eulogize her. Actually, that's easy to say now. The night before, when I was typing out my thoughts through watery eyes, I wasn't sure I could get up there and do it. Just thinking about delivering the eulogy on the way to church put a lump in my throat (I mean, an additional one).

But as we prepared to carry her casket down the aisle, I saw one of her former kindergarten students walking in--a girl who was still in elementary school--and I knew I had to deliver the eulogy so that someone could properly explain what my Mom meant to everyone. No offense to the priest, he actually knew my Mom fairly well, but a family member had to properly eulogize her. And I did. It was by far the most important thing I've ever written.

I know, on a board full of writers, there are people who can not only transcend the pat but need to do so as part of the grieving process. I would have regretted it forever if I didn't get up there and eulogize my Mom.

And I know this doesn't really have anything to do with Valentine's Day (she did die exactly a month later), but neither does this thread, so, you know, there you go.

10. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Not sure which of my colleagues locked this, but thank you - would have been nice to clean it up and move on because there's some great stuff here, but that would have required days and days of work.

Some of you people seriously scare the bejeebing shit out of me.

I'm sorry this post has to come after BYH's high-quality post. That kind of post is certainly not what I'm talking about here. I wasn't old enough to eulogize my dad. Even though it was 45 years ago, I still remember it and I do wish someone in the family had done it. The rabbi did it and did a fine job overall, I guess. Someone from the family would have been better.

Everyone have a nice day. Even the people who scare the bejeebing shit out of me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.