1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Happy Valentine's Day

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by 21, Feb 12, 2007.

1. Sxysprtswrtr

Sxysprtswrtr Active Member

Re: Valentine's Day Preview Thread

I had a ex-boyfriend who would buy me a dozen roses, sometimes two dozen, for every big holiday, and would have them sent to work or even to my dorm in college. He prided himself on "showing off" what he did for me. It was nice - sure - but... I didn't really care if I received one rose or a dozen to display.

What really matters: Being together.

Oh, and ... reciprocation.

2. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

All that? You clearly make a living at something more prosperous than journalism.

And Don Mossi will reciprocate.

3. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Unless she hates daisies for some unknown reason. Always best to know what flowers she does like first.

4. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

Make fun all you want. But it's the first time I've bought jewelry for Valentine's, so, at least to me, it's a big deal. :p

5. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Cause she might be allergic to daisies. They might make her break out into hives and have to get a cortisone regiment. In fact, she might be so allergic that in her sister's all white wedding bouquets they had to leave out daisies.

That doesn't mean she doesn't think they're very pretty, just that they're dangerous.

6. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Exactly. Always best to know what flowers she prefers, as opposed to what ones cause hives.

7. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

I just keep quiet and hope the day passes without notice or mention. [/marriedguywithnomoney]

8. Rockbottom

Rockbottom Well-Known Member

I got you all beat ...

Three-stone diamond ring, for Mrs. Rockbottom -- who both has to put up with my ass, is carrying a baby AND is going to be without me Wednesday (covering a stupid basketball game out of town ... I suck).

I even created a Valentine's Treasure Hunt, which clues her from sticky-note to sticky-note throughout the house until she gets to the little wrapped box I tucked into the second freezer we have. Ice with the ice, baby.

OH YEAH!

rb

9. Sxysprtswrtr

Sxysprtswrtr Active Member

Let's hope Mrs. Rockbottom doesn't read this thread since you just handed her the treasure map!?! :)

10. Rockbottom

Rockbottom Well-Known Member

Nah, Mrs. Rockbottom finds SportsJournalists.com one of many amusing time-wasters ... but she doesn't ever get on here.

11. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

Oh my God! That sounds luscious. Especially the sleep part.

12. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

Horseradish?

You obviously haven't tried it using the Japanese alphabet. :D

Draft saved Draft deleted