1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Happy trails, Doc...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by JR, Dec 15, 2009.

1. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

Solid move by the Phillies. They basically dealt Lee, the catcher and Drabek for Halladay and three prospects. Toronto flipped Taylor to get Wallace, so that nulls that portion.

2. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Until the Dodgers can last longer than five games against them, the Phils are the team to beat.
    I haven't seen the Dodgers do anything this offseason that would push them past the Phillies. At best, the two teams are on the same footing as they were last season.

3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

That's the thing. The trade with the Mariners turned out to be completely separate from the one with the Blue Jays. They gave Toronto three prospects for Halladay. They could have stopped right there and taken the shot with Lee and Halladay for this year and still had Halladay going into 2011. They chose not to do that.

4. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Maybe they can bring this guy in.

5. Double J

Double J Active Member

Winter and Hot Stove means "Hockey Night in Canada" to us. Sorry.

And I'm glad I got to see the Jays win the World Series in 1992 and again in 1993, because I doubt very much it'll ever happen again in my lifetime. :(

Draft saved Draft deleted