1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Happy Thanksgiving!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by three_bags_full, Nov 22, 2012.

1. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

The bird is cooked, and the sides are coming together: mashed taters, yams, carrot bread, greens, biscuits, homemade stuffing and more.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  2. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Eating sweet potato casserole with pecans and brown sugar, and wondering why I don't eat this morning, noon and night.

3. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

Happy Thanksgiving to all on here. This virtual community is among the things I actually appreciate in my life.

It's been a good year for me, and I feel so blessed and fortunate. I have to work for the rest of the day, but I'm actually thankful for that, too, and nothing, I've decided, is going to ruin my day.

4. ifilus

ifilus Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  5. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone.

6. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

Just got back from a Thanksgiving dinner hosted by someone from the church. Other than her and myself, the only people there were the three pastors and one former vicar (now a pastor elsewhere) and their families.

Haven't seen that much booze in a while. We refrained from shooting the guns this time, though -- too cold.

I took nothing to the meal but came home with food for a week.

On the way back, I passed by Walmart and was horrified to see cars backed up on the road trying to get in.

Draft saved Draft deleted