1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Happy Thanksgiving to my fellow Canuckistanis

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by JR, Oct 10, 2010.

1. JR

JR Active Member

It's officially tomorrow but a lot of us had the Big Meal today.

The weather this weekend in Toronto has been gorgeous, 22C (70F or so for the barbarians). Had a great day.

Went for a bike ride in the a.m. to a farmer's market downtown where HC met me after cycling down from her church job. Rode back together and then she decided to ride her bike out to my sister's place in Burlington (45 km or about 27 miles). I was the support van. :)

Had a great turkey dinner topped off by my eldest sister's awesome apple pie with ice cream and pumpkin pie with whipped cream. There were about 15 of us.

Got home in time for Mad Men

Perfect day and tomorrow we're going to the Brampton Battalion hockey game in the afternoon where HC will be singing the anthem. Then we're meeting up with friends at the Blue Goose.

Life does NOT get any better.

Hope all of you fellow Canucks have had a good one.
  2. Double J

Double J Active Member

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

It's been a great weekend and tomorrow will hopefully be another wonderful day.

As for HC and the Battalion, too bad she couldn't sing the anthem last night for them in Owen Sound - they could have used the support and luck. (Hi, Huggy!) ;D
  3. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

Happy Thanksgiving all.

Tonight was good, definitely the high water mark of my weekend. Had a pot luck dinner with the other "orphans" at work. An eclectic mix for sure. Everything from Chicken pot pie, to vegetarian pizza, to vegetarian tacos (dinner was hosted by a vegetarian so everyone tried to respect her eating habits but she actually made meatballs for us non-vegetarians). I brought my Grams' chiffon pumpkin pie. First time I made it, and outside of screwing up the crust, I managed to pull it off.

My Bears won, as did my Oilers so a good day overall.

A rare Sunday off -- No paper for Monday. But I worked Saturday and will work Monday as well. They wanted me to renew my first aid on Tuesday, but that's not going to happen. Would like the day off.
  4. jlee

jlee Active Member

My girlfriend just spent the past two days in a drinking contest with the members of her immediate family. I don't know if that's how you're supposed to celebrate Thanksgiving up there, but in terms of what my Central Florida family does, they're certainly doing the holiday justice.

At some point, there was a turkey and cole slaw, she thinks.

Happy Thanksgiving to you all.
  5. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

Well as long as she doesn't see the turkey again, they're on the right track.
  6. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

No turkey for this kid this weekend. Mrs. Huggy and Huggy Jr. are off to a family thing while I work.
  7. Iron_chet

Iron_chet Well-Known Member

Turkey, ham and all the fixings at my sister-in-law's last night and I am still full. Only bad thing about going out is the lack of leftovers for a turkey and stuffing sandwhich.

Today is a bike ride with the kiddo in the bike trailer while my wife does a run.

Unfortunately will probably work from home for a couple hours but a great weekend so far.
  8. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

Happy Metric Thanksgiving!
  9. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

One of the best thing about being Canadian is that you don't have to watch the Lions play on Thanksgiving.
  10. RedCanuck

RedCanuck Active Member

I think the B.C. Lions are playing today.
  11. Double J

Double J Active Member

They are indeed. They're in Winnipeg as we speak.
  12. canucklehead

canucklehead Member

The Blue Bombers are my Detroit Lions.
Draft saved Draft deleted