1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by YankeeFan, Mar 17, 2011.

1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Anyone have plans?

Because it's celebrated with the parade and associated drunkenness on the Staurday prior here in Chicago, it barely feels like St. Patrick's Day to me.

But, I just put on some music and might go see the Saw Doctors on Saturday night, so I'm getting in the mood.

Unfortunately, I have a long day of work ahead of me.

2. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

No green in my beer today.

3. holy bull

holy bull Active Member

Barstool within walking distance of home, good company, corned beef and cabbage, NCAA hoops. That's what I call "settling in."

4. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Ohhhhhh...did everyone remember to wear green today?

Ugh.

Feel free to disregard by grumpy attitude about people being ridiculed for not wearing green as I'll be painting my face Green and Gold tomorrow in celebration of the sport of basketball.

I suck.

5. SF_Express

SF_Express Active Member

I'm an eighth Irish, but wearing 100 percent green shirt. I go back and forth whether to do so every year.

For the Badgers, I wore red running shoes instead of my normal work shoes. Nobody will notice in this crazy office today.

6. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I don't own any green clothing, that I can think of. So I'm safe.

7. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

I'm celebrating at work, which is actually quite cool. The company is handing out green beer and coney dogs for lunch. They've also set up a sports bar in the lobby which will be open from 2-4 and serving bottles of Guinness and green beer on tap with televisions tuned to the basketball games. One conference room on each floor will also have the basketball games televised.

8. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

In Ohio, it's St. Martin Luther Patrick Day.

9. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

A beautiful day to tell someone "Pogue mahone."

10. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

Are you guys hiring?

11. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

No crap. That sounds like an office environment that would make the kids at Google jealous.

12. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

St Patty's Day apparently ended at 10 pm in Cleveland. Dead. Awful. Smelly.

Draft saved Draft deleted