1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Happy St. Patrick's Day

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chef2, Mar 17, 2016.

1. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I thought the number of anti-Clinton tweets seemed rather light today.

Congrats to you and the new Mommy.

2. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Oh, Baron. You can't help yourself, can you? I hope that is taken in the spirit (I hope) you intended.

3. Baron Scicluna

Sheesh, can't anyone congratulate another person on the opposite side of the political spectrum for a new baby on an anonymous message board anymore?

4. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Without dragging politics into it? Sure. Just seemed tone deaf to me. No worries. Not my concern. Should have let it slide.

5. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I think it was a good-natured wink. Moddy made a political quip, too. We all know YF likes to talks the politics.

6. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Question someone else who knows the city better might be able to answer. ... When did St. Patrick's Day become St. Patrick's month in Philadelphia, with busloads of drunk teenagers being shuttled from bar to bar every weekend?

7. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Well, a lot of people chose to celebrate it last Saturday, at least in my city. Then they celebrated it yesterday. Hopefully it's out of their system. I just want to drink beer, eat snacks and watch basketball today. Mmmmm. Snacks.

8. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

I haven't lived there for years but I don't remember it being like that before. I was there on March 5th and for a second or two, I wondered if I had somehow slept through 12 days and woke up on the 17th. Very strange.

9. Baron Scicluna

Yes, it was. Hope Mommy and baby are doing well.

10. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

The drunk college girls, they're what's great about it.

11. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Whores and sluts.

YankeeFan likes this.
  12. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Any clams?

YankeeFan likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted