1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Happy Slapsgiving, General Idea....HIMYM thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by outofplace, Nov 19, 2007.

1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

The original slap bet episode was one of the best sitcom episodes in a long, long time...

Last night's episode was pretty solid, but not great...

2. CentralIllinoisan

CentralIllinoisan Active Member

That was the point. I love absurdism.

By the way, I've always pointed out military puns when talking. I don't do the salute, but I always say "I served under Major Problems" or "General Stupidity" ... I used to work with this older man at a blue-collar job. He'd always joke about bodily aches and say it was because of his "old man fingers" or "old man knees"

My retort: "I used to live down the street from Old Man Fingers. He served in WWII under General Soreness."

3. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

It was the first "grown-up" Thanksgiving because it is the first one that Marshall and Lilly are married.

4. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Why are Lilly and Marshall still living with Ted? I thought they bought that condo.

5. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

I think the assumption is they are still closing on the condo. In a strange sitcom occurance, their move is taking place in a much more realistic manner, where you don't often buy a $900,000 condo and move in the next day.

Draft saved Draft deleted