1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Happy New Year!

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Neutral Corner, Dec 31, 2019.

1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Be careful out there y'all.

OscarMadison likes this.
  2. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

This obviously is the Y20K bug I've long been dreading.

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  3. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

OscarMadison likes this.
  4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Really the perfect clip to summarize how this year went and how I'm looking at going forward.

OscarMadison and Baron Scicluna like this.
  5. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

God bless and happy new year to everyone.
    Societally, I pray things are much better in the coming decade than the last.
    Personally, the past decade has been the most amazing/transformational in my life. I have achieved things I don't deserve and try every day to live up to.
    I hope the 2020s bring everyone and our world a similar fate.

OscarMadison, Sea Bass and maumann like this.
  6. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Second half of this year was pretty damned fun. Just want to keep moving the football downfield in 2020.

OscarMadison likes this.
  7. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Thirty years ago at this very moment I was in Trafalgar Square in London. It’s almost midnight in the UK now. Hard to believe it has been 30 years.

OscarMadison likes this.
  8. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Is it wrong to wish death on someone, to their face? Because if it is, I'll take it back next year.

9. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

47 years ago tonight - always remember. Though it is odd that you refer to an event where hundreds die and only six survive as an "adventure." Fun fact: among those "lost" were Waddy Wachtel who played a guitarist in the band.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2019
  10. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Happy New Year all.

Went to a bar for a couple of hours with coworkers, had a free mini-pizza and some other snacks that the bar wasn’t offering, and ended up too full for the steak and seafood that my wife was going to prepare, so we’re having that tomorrow night. Last meal of the decade was scrambled eggs and a muffin. Yes, I’m serious.

Kinda dreading this upcoming decade. Both of my parents are in their mid-70s (they’re out partying at a seniors event tonight), and it’s highly unlikely they and quite a few other relatives are making it to 2030. I have a feeling this decade will feature a lot of family funerals.

But this decade, all in all, was a pretty good one. Kids are growing into young men, wife and I are still going strong, and my health is pretty good, knock on wood.

Be excellent to each other, and party on dudes (and dudettes).

OscarMadison likes this.
  11. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Someone should plan an outing this upcoming decade.

12. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

Just thought about it:
    25 years ago at this moment I was laying on the couch, jacked up on demerol and Coors Light, because I had broken my leg earlier in the day!

Draft saved Draft deleted