1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Happy New Year to all

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Moderator1, Jan 1, 2021.

1. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

I hope everyone has a great 2021.

For me, 2020 was such a mixed bag. Mostly good on a personal level with two new granddaughters, continued employment and (knock on wood) good health.

But a lot of bad mixed in and the whole COVID thing and yeah, we've been there before.

That's not what this thread is about, this is to look ahead to better days.

I resolve to be as happy as my granddaughters. I don't know if it is possible at 60+ as it is at 3 and under but I'm damn sure going to try. My reading goal for the year is 60 books and I hope to walk 1,500 miles for the seventh straight year.

I also hope to still be alive when 2022 arrives and will do all I can to make sure that happens!

Stay safe everyone.

2. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

I plan to get out more: hike, bike and kayak.

But first I have to finish healing my right foot, which I somehow managed to break TWICE since August. Two different bones, two different incidents, neither discovered until mid-November.

OscarMadison likes this.
  3. Splendid Splinter

Splendid Splinter Well-Known Member

2021 - Third time is a charm - me and the GF will have a kid this year.

qtlaw, HC, FileNotFound and 5 others like this.
  4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Is New Year's just about the only holiday you can wish someone Happy "whatever" and not see a story about "the problem with" X holiday stories pointing out those who probably don't think the day/commemoration is worth celebrating?

OscarMadison likes this.
  5. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Well, that might not be strictly true.

Lots of folks in my neighborhood rang in the New Year last September. Happy 5781!

Up the block in the other direction, it won't be the New Year until February 12th. Happy Year of the Ox!

Happy new year in any case, to every one of us.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2021
  6. Vombatus

Thanks - I was wondering about other calendars.

7. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Then don't forget Malanka!

8. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Happy Three Kings Day!

Second Christmas!

9. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Goal is to get to 1,000 miles on the bike this year. Was just shy of 700 last year and I really didn't put my heart into it like I should have. 1K is attainable.

10. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

Is the 12th Day of Christmas the 5th or the 6th? I guess you have to determine the First Day of Christmas -- the 25th or the 26th.

11. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

I heard today is Christmas in Serbia; I never knew it was different elsewhere.

12. Vombatus

DC and America are getting a second Christmas and New Year all rolled into one this year - on January 20th at high noon, Eastern Standard Time.

Draft saved Draft deleted