1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Happy New Year 2010! (running thread across the time zones)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by 2muchcoffeeman, Dec 31, 2009.

1. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

I made it home safely after celebration and just wanted to say ... love you, guys. All the best in '10.

2. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

To everyone here, I wish you all the best in 2010.

May this year be better for us all than the last one was.

3. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

I actually drank American beer last night. Went through a six-pack and hardly even caught a buzz. I did pee like a racehorse, though. And enjoyed J-Lo's skinsuit and to top it off ... Green Day.

4. Fell asleep at 10:30.

Welcome to parenthood.

5. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

For the first time since I was about 6, I was asleep at midnight. Happy new year, my SportsJournalists.com friends. May 2010 be a better year for us all. The aughts kinda sucked for me overall, so I'm hoping the teens are better, too.

6. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

I woke up, so the year is off to a fine start, I guess. 2009 in the rear view. Love that.

7. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

Happy New Year everyone!!

8. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Happy New Year to everyone on SJ. I woke up this morning, the lights and the TV came on, so the world isn't coming to an end.

9. I thought 2009 was a great year. I guess because I really took control of my own life. Had a kid. Left newspapers (at least full-time). Went back to school. Wrote a book. It wasn't always easy, and I didn't get a ton of sleep, that's for sure, but it was certainly a game-changing year for me. I cringe when I remember spending the first half of the decade fruitlessly peppering major metros with clips and resumes. Of course, now I'll instead be fruitlessly peppering major law firms with them instead ...

10. shockey

shockey Active Member

add another to the "good riddance, 2009" side of the ledger. sure hope the door slammed you on the way out! :mad: :mad: :mad:

but to EVERYONE here, my prayers for good health and prosperity in 2010. most of us, it seems, have only one way to go -- and that's up. believe it or not, i've come to treasure (most of) the good folks here.

oh, and also add me to the "get out, dick clark." i'm tired of him bumming me out on new year's eve. this ain't no telethon for you, it's supposed to be a celebration.

j-lo looked awful, overly made up. best-looking woman i saw all night on tv was melissa whathername, the former "bachelor" woman who was stupidly dumped by some idiot. close second to fergie, imo.

11. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

A Happy New Year to all you crazy folks, even the one with whom I've clashed. This place has taken on more importance over the last two-plus years ... hope for better times for all in 2010.

Take care ...

12. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

Goodbye 2009! Don't let the door hit you where the good Lord split you!

I don't remember much about last night, except for a guy at the bar whom I don't know that well walking me to the hotel next to the bar and then walking me to my room to make sure I was OK. Wow.

Draft saved Draft deleted