1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Happy New Year 2010! (running thread across the time zones)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by 2muchcoffeeman, Dec 31, 2009.

1. BYH

BYH Active Member

Ahh. Well, my GFY sentiment a year ago didn't exactly work out in my favor, so I applaud the different acronym.

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Happy New Year, SportsJournalists.commers. 2010 is going to be an important one for me (long story for another thread). May this one be a hell of a lot better for all of us than the last one.

My little one couldn't wait for us to wake her up to see the ball drop....then she couldn't wait to crawl right back into bed. Unfortunately, she took the Mrs. with her, so I'm stuck with this group of whackos for the moment.

3. wannabeu

wannabeu Member

Happy New Year everyone! Hope 2010 brings a lot better times for everyone than that shitty 2009. Good riddance 2009 and welcome 2010!

4. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

I had an awesome 2009 so screw all you haters. :)

Anyhoo, happy new year and crap.

5. BYH

BYH Active Member

We don't like being with you any more than you like being with us. Fuck off, poo!

I'm sorry, but telling you to fuck off is like my own little Auld Lang Syne. :D :D

I share your sentiments, and I hope important = good for you and your family in 2010. *sniff* damn allergies again!

6. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I enter 2010 with excruitiating jaw pain. Yay!

7. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

More like your Same Old Lang Syne, given how often we think you do it. :D

8. outofplace

Fuck you, too, BYH!

Hell, I thought y'all not enjoying having me around was a given. :)

Important damn well better = good. Not quite sure how that one's going to go just yet, but the good thought is much appreciated. Best of luck to you and yours in '10 as well.

9. John

John Well-Known Member

My 2009 didn't suck at all, but I'm still hoping for a much better 2010.

10. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Acronyms are stupid.

11. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

It's the New Year, and BYH is at home, watching Dick Clark.

"I wanted to celebrate the new year, but I just threw a rock at it!"

But seriously, one of the more pleasant developments this year in my view was the whole OOP/BYH detente. Especially with all that happened as far as board arguments this year, and all the people who used to join in to try to insult OOP in an effort to be named No. 1 Bitch BYH.

As for me, I ended last year in the middle of a long trip during which I was apprehensive. I begin this year preparing for another long trip, feeling optimistic for the first time in a while.

Happy New Year, everyone. Haven't been this happy to see one year end and another begin since . . . ever.

12. outofplace

And here I was all ready to announce my New Year's resolution to go back to war with BYH. But after that post, how can I not play nice? (grumble, grumble....)

Best of luck on the long journey ahead, Piotr.

Draft saved Draft deleted