1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Happy Lee/MLK Day

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by JayFarrar, Jan 15, 2007.

1. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

That's a mighty big straw man you built up and knocked down.

That said, at least in the north there aren't any celebrations for traitorous heroes who committed treason against the country. And on a day that celebrates a civil rights icon no less.

BTW, at least we can thank Lee for providing the land that gave us Arlington National Cemetary. We kind of took his estate and turned it into a solemn landmark.

2. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

You're just a snooty goegraphicist.

3. audreyld

audreyld Guest

Wait, isn't Independence Day a celebration of a bunch of traitors committing treason? Or don't you celebrate that up north?

4. Angola!

Angola! Guest

I'm just bitter the mail isn't being delivered. This is the third day this month there has been no postal delivery this month.

5. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

The difference?

Independence Day celebrates traitorous heroes THAT WON.

6. John

John Well-Known Member

That's pretty much it. From everything I've read, it was a very difficult decision for him.

7. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

I know micro. He's no racist, but he can run a hell of a race! (or used to, anyway ;D)

8. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

So if that is the case, how does that make honoring him a racist?

9. Flying Headbutt

I'm sure it's by coincidence that they honor a confederate general and a civil rights icon on the same day. After it got signed into law, all the lawmakers turned to each other and slapped themselves on the foreheads shouting "how could we do that!?!?"

10. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Unavailable for comment.

11. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Sorry, should have clarified... was solely speaking of AlleyAllen and his statement about being embarrased to live in Virginia because of it...

12. Flying Headbutt

Draft saved Draft deleted