1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

happy labor day weekend

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by shockey, Sep 6, 2009.

1. Magic In The Night

Magic In The Night Active Member

I so hear ya on this. And the other bad part is you have some of your colleagues off and then they take vacation so there's even more work heaped on. And they have the worst writers/editors working so what you have to edit is even more crap. I can't tell you how many times in my career I've said, I hate holidays!

2. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

I thought this thread would be an appropriate place for the annnual "If you enjoy an 8 hour workday, a good wage and weekends off, thank a union member." But being journalism, I don't think most of those apply. (although in the interest of full disclosure, I did get OT for working monday)

3. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

After a football game Saturday, FFB draft Sunday early afternoon, covering a mountain bike race Sunday late afternoon and pages Sunday night (no Sunday paper, Labor Day paper was a morning edition, as opposed to the usual PM), I greatly enjoyed sleeping until 12:45 p.m., then doing little all day except for some minor kitchen cleaning, taking myself for a walk and some church-related planning research. It was divine.

Draft saved Draft deleted