1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

happy labor day weekend

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by shockey, Sep 6, 2009.

1. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

I am now on vacation for 13 days. Boating to Europe.

2. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Awesome. Enjoy. And post lots of pics of hot Euro chicks.

3. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Be careful around the Flemish Cap. And if the skies turn dark, go east, not west.

4. Double J

Double J Active Member

What he said! :D

5. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

Moving into my new place in the morning, then working.

6. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

I started Friday evening by working the clock at a high school varsity football game. It was my first actual game as a football official, and I was sitting in the press box...

Saturday morning, I worked my first on-field game as the head linesman. I called my first-ever penalty during the first quarter (kid from the home team was lined up in the neutral zone.)

7. shockey

shockey Active Member

spent yesterday/early today finishing my afc previews. tonight/early tomorrow my nfc previews.

then at 3, finally r&r -- barbeque, relaxing beverages, good friends, many teenagers enjoying their final hours before another school year.

looking forward to it all on the eve of my 27th nfl season! where'd the time go?

8. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

I had a really kick ass weekend. Came home from out of town late last night and didn't even leave my apartment today. All 3 of the summer's holiday weekends were great for me.

9. 2underpar

2underpar Active Member

i had a really kick-ass weekend too.
    Friday night, left the office at 1:20 a.m. after high school football.
    Saturday night, left the office at 1:05 a.m. thanks to three college night games.
    Sunday, covered women's college soccer, AP wire was down in the office, got home at 12:45 a.m.
    today, in the office for planning, putting in photo assignments, making mid-week features and game coverage assignments, and will get home about midnite. my labor day weekend will consist of Wednesday off.
    gotta love this biz

10. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Today made up for a very, very "blah" birthday. Saw a friend I hadn't seen for a year, went out to lunch in a nice spot, go to a nifty little place (forgot how good my vehicle was in that terrain), got back and am enjoying a nice grilled item following cleaning up some stuff (still not done there, but it will work out fine) and watching John Swofford's failed dream. Not too shabby.

11. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Worked Friday, Saturday, Sunday and today, all night shifts. But after two days shifts and I've got a four-day break coming up.

12. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Got me some free Chick-Fil-A, too. Working today.

Draft saved Draft deleted