1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Happy holidays to everyone

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Johnny Dangerously, Dec 23, 2009.

1. Xsportschick

Xsportschick Member

Oh Johnny, I hardly know what to say.... not :D

I hope the rest of 2009 is the happiest it can possibly be, and a prelude to much better days ahead, for you and every SportsJournalists.com-er, even the lurkers :D
    [​IMG]

2. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Happy holidays, everyone!

3. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

You only say that because you know it's true...

4. Trouser_Buddah

Trouser_Buddah Active Member

I wish nothing but the best of holiday cheer for everyone here, and even for those loosers who aren't. :)

Happy Holidays!

5. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

Add me to the list of those who will be ecstatic to put this year behind me, and seldom think about it again. Except maybe as a motivator.

For so many of us, 2009 was absolute

[​IMG]

Howdy-ho.

I know 2010 will be better. This is the Year We Make Contact with better days. Or a bunch of monoliths eat Jupiter.

Season's Greetings to all.

6. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

The ending of 2009 has certainly gone much better than the start of it did. But the only reason I don't totally stick my middle finger up to the year is because the lives of some people I'm very close with and care very much about have been greatly enriched by some incredibly great moments. For that, I'm happy. For myself, it's more about relief in that I endured some shit, and actually did so better than I had expected. But I've spent about two months waiting like hell for 2010 to finally come.

None the less, to everyone here, even the ones who don't like me and think I suck as a moderator, have yourselves a merry Christmas. And may stockings be stuffed and adult beverages enjoyed in the best of circumstances.

7. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

I've been very fortunate to enjoy a great 2009. I'm back home closer to family with a job I don't hate. Here's to an even better 2010.

Hope everyone has a very merry Christmas and a happy holiday season all around!

8. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

For me, 2009 sucked economically, but had its moments in the experiential/spiritual development side of life, which counts for a billion times more, of course.
    May all on this board have the best of holidays -- and all those who they care for, too.

9. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

I'm Jewish and these next two days will be a little strange.
    I'm nearing the end of year 1 of the buyout and am realizing that this is the first time in 19 years I won't be working Christmas Eve and Christmas night putting out the newspaper.

10. I've never understood the entire "Christmas is under attack!" campaign against "Happy Holidays." I have lots of Jewish friends, both in this business and even more in law school. I have Hindu friends in law school (at least I presume that's what they are). Are the O'Reilly's of the world merely oblivious that there truly are millions and millions of non-Christians in our country, and it's not a bad idea to include them? Particularly in a time of year allegedly celebrating fellowship and good will to men?

Not trying to get political, but I've just never understood the anger about "Happy holidays." Seems really, really misplaced to me.

11. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

2009 was a bitch at some points. Lost a close family member, and was furloughed twice, but some good did come out of it.

I was able to buy my first car this year, took my first trip to Las Vegas and just the other day got a new position. I will be leaving journalism a week after the new year.

12. Drip

Drip Active Member

Happy and safe holidays to everyone.

Draft saved Draft deleted