1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Happy holidays to everyone

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Johnny Dangerously, Dec 23, 2009.

1. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Active Member

I'm sure there will be some kind of catch-all thread for this, but I want to express my wishes for safe, happy and meaningful holidays and 2010 for everyone. The past 16 months have been the roughest of my life, and the most rewarding. Some of you know why, and some don't, but the details aren't as important as the place where it brings me: here and now, hopeful for you and yours of good things to come.

Thank you to everyone who gave their support in their individual way. It meant more than I am capable of expressing.

Have fun, be with someone you love, and if you don't think that's possible, find someone who looks like he or she might need a friend, and search-and-replace lonely with the warmth of friendship. Be thankful for all that you have. As little as it might seem, it leaves a huge void when it's gone.

Here's to the good things that fill the voids when they're created, and to the people who fill in the missing pieces for us. Happy holidays, SJ.

2. forever_town

forever_town Active Member

Thank you for your well-written elegy, and may the holiday spirit pervade us all.

3. Matt1735

Matt1735 Well-Known Member

To All My Politically Correct Friends:

Please accept with no obligation, implied or implicit, my best wishes for an environmentally conscious, socially responsible, low-stress, non-addictive, gender-neutral celebration of the winter solstice holiday, practiced within the most enjoyable traditions of the religious persuasion of your choice, or secular practices of your choice, with respect for the religious/secular persuasion and/or traditions of others, or their choice not to practice religious or secular traditions at all. I also wish you a fiscally successful, personally fulfilling and medically uncomplicated recognition of the onset of the generally accepted calendar year 2010, but not without due respect for the calendars of choice of other cultures whose contributions to society have helped make America great.

Not to imply that America is necessarily greater than any other country nor the only America in the Western Hemisphere. Also, this wish is made without regard to the race, creed, color, age, physical ability, religious faith or sexual orientation of the wishee.

To Everyone Else:

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

4. Johnny Dangerously

5. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Don't you have work to go do? (which is the best present you'll get this year....)

6. Johnny Dangerously

Yes.
    And yes.

7. SoCalDude

SoCalDude Active Member

JD, thanks for starting this thread.
    I actually have been wondering about you since, for some reason, it popped into my brain that you haven't been posting much and your posts are missed.
    Thanks for the sentiments.
    Everyone, enjoy the season.

8. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

JD,

Bonne Christmeusse from Microville. Have a great time in Orlando!

9. beanpole

beanpole Member

Happy holidays and happy New Year to all.

I can't wait for January. 2009 can kiss my ass as the worst year of my life. :)

10. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Ditto here. Fortunately my year took a huge turn for the better in mid-November, but until then, yeesh. Still thrilled to put 2009 in the rearview mirror.

11. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Active Member

Can't think of a much better poster - or person - to start this thread. Kudos on persevering, J_D.

Looking forward to better days here, too.

12. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

Happy Holidays everyone! Please travel safe.

Draft saved Draft deleted